House spiders are a pretty common problem for a lot of households. Colder climates like Canada are very supportive of spider growth and reproduction. A common house spider may not be too dangerous but the fear factor alone tops most charts. People of all ages including kids, teeners, and adults are scared of the spider. These pesky crawlers are known to make their presence felt and not in a good way.
Quite often, homeowners might not even see them doing their thing. By their thing, we mean nesting and making webs all around the place. Corners of walls on all sorts of surfaces are automatic qualifiers for spider webs. Your pest control Vancouver service will tell you how fast these pests can grow and popular you’re home. Here’s what you need to know about returning spiders and how to get rid of them:
What Does a Common House Spider Look Like?
It is important to know what kind of spider you are dealing with. Venomous spiders can also make their way into your home following other species or pests. The common house spider is between 1.5 to 5.6 inches long with females being almost twice the size of males. They will usually have varying yellowish-brown and dirty white color going on their body. They can have stripes that meet at an angle as well.
A common house spider female can lay roughly around 250 eggs that are contained in a small brownish round sac inside her web. One typical female can lay up to 15 sacs in her full lifecycle. House spiders usually don’t last longer than a year in their natural life. However, their numbers can multiply so quickly that controlling the population can be difficult if not impossible in favored conditions.
Why Do Spiders Keep Coming Back?
The first thing you would not like to know is that spiders are not really gone most of the time. 90 times out of 100, even with your efforts of spider removal, they are not actually gone entirely. You might be able to get rid of the ones that are most visible. Getting rid of their most visible webs is also easy. However, some spider webs and their eggs inside are so easy to be missed on.
This is where they reprise from and slowly multiply to become a bigger problem again very soon. Also, you might see spiders overrunning your home during the wintertime. This is because they like the cold weather and grow quite rapidly with females laying and hatching many eggs in the cold. Damp and cold is what they love in terms of growing faster and annoying homeowners more.
How to Get Rid of Spiders?
Different spiders need different removal techniques. Some spiders are easier to get rid of others. however, the common house spider is usually the same everywhere. These often show up in places where they are least wanted. Bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and family rooms are commonly occurring places for house spiders.
Wherever you find a spider web, there is sure to be spiders around. Pest-proofing your home is the safest way to get rid of all pests including spiders. Pest control services are also available as an option for professional spider removal. The first thing you want to ensure is to guarantee no open food sources for spiders. Some simple house spider removal techniques can include:
- Seal all cracks, holes, and smallest passageways in your walls and trim stopping any spiders from entering and roaming around
- Make sure to sweep away and remove all food crumbs and pieces from floors and surfaces at all times
- Vacuum your rooms frequently especially ones with carpeted floors
- Make sure to store all mulch, tree branches, brushes, and leaves away from outside walls not letting any spiders climb and find easy routes in the house
- Go around the house in all corners and hidden places once a week and vacuum all cobwebs, spider nests, and spiders themselves
- Make sure to clean up all hard to reach spots and dark corners in the house. Spiders love these types of spots to nest and fertilize
- Maintain and repair any cracks in your window and door screens. Any small gaps in window or door panels may be enough of passageways for spiders to get in
- Keep a fresh smell in your house that usually comes with daily mopping
- Store all foods in air sealed containers and ensure no food waste inside the home at any time
These are all basic techniques that can be good when you don’t have full-scale spider problems in the house. However, when things have gotten out of hand and there are spider crawling house walls, you need professional support. Be sure to call up your pest control Surrey or wherever you live service and get guaranteed spider removal. Ask them to get rid of all spider traces reducing reappearance chances.