A building or renovating a house to make it energy efficient requires knowledge of what ‘energy-efficient house’ actually means. It is to design so that the energy needed to heat or cool the house is minimum. It is independent of the energy used by machinery to heat or cool the place. A perfect energy-efficient home can be achieved if three essential things are taken into consideration. They are as follows:
- Bio-climatic architecture: This focuses on the location of the building and the surroundings. As solar energy is the primary source of constant energy, the amount of sun rays that fall on the building’s location matters the most. The location and heat then formulate the perfect shape for the building to maximize the effect of sunlight. The orientation of the building is then set. After the foundation and initial construction of the house is over, solar protection, solar heat absorbing, and passive solar systems are carefully installed by keeping the energy requirements in mind.
- Building envelops: Building envelops mean what envelop means, i.e., a protective cover/sheet. Though the sun provides energy, it also heats the house. Hence, insulating the house properly is crucial to stop overheating of the building. To ensure insulation, proper air-sealed construction should be ensured. Use high-performance glazing and highly reflective windows. Use thermal bridges if necessary.
- Proper ventilation: Mechanical insulation and ventilation play very important roles in conserving as well as releasing energy. The released energy is stored and later recovered for other purposes.
You cannot do Energy-efficient building design. Experts need to intervene to make the project successful. begravningsbyråmalmö.nu is a bright example of an expert construction company in Stockholm who can help you with this.
What makes a building energy efficient?
The concept of minimizing energy loss in a particular building is the first step towards energy efficiency. Once it is done, alternative energy sources can be found. These alternative sources are renewable sources of energy, like sunlight. The amount of alternate energy available further clarifies the equipment used to foster heating and cooling. The following five steps are followed sequentially after the construction is over:
- Enveloping: These first two steps belong to the enveloping procedure. This helps the house maintain a certain temperature and not get overheated.
- Insulation: This prevents heat loss from within the house to external surroundings. It also maintains the temperature inside the house. In other words, winter and summers are no different inside the house. Coat the floor, walls, roof, doors, and windows with good insulation material. Conduct thermal bridge treatment if required.
- Air tightness: This helps maintain the temperature. If there is continuous airflow in and out of the house, it could cause unusual temperature fluctuations.
- Airflow management: Staying in an air-tight house is great but, even that requires an occasional change in the air. Fresh air needs to come inside for people to breathe.
- Ventilation: Controlled air circulation is necessary. People inside the house breathe out carbon dioxide, which needs to be removed from the house to prevent the greenhouse effect. Fresh air to breathe in reenergizes people as well. This exchanges ground to heat and makes the room ideal again.
- Additional needs: Constructing an energy-efficient house isn’t enough. Its maintenance requires external equipment to maintain the ideal temperature.
- Equipment analysis: This includes conversion materials for resources other than the temperature of the room. For example, if you want to boil water in an energy-efficient house, you can use solar collectors for hot water.
- Extracting energy: This includes the installation of systems that extracts gathers or stores renewable energy for usage.
- Renewable energy: See which resource is available in your area of construction. These include wind energy, biogas, and any other renewable resource which can produce energy. Now, install the structure that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
So, all these things were taken into consideration to guild you an ideal energy-efficient building. But these look better in real life than they sound on paper. Hire good agencies to ensure perfect plans to construct your dream home in Stockholm.