In today’s era, if you want to find new customers who can invest in your products and services, then you need to rely on digital marketing. While there are lots of components when it comes to digital marketing, one of the most important is called search engine optimization, or SEO. Simply put, this is the practice of taking a website and designing it to be attractive to search engines. Given that most people use search engines to help them find products and services, it is clear that this is an important part of advertising in the modern era. Of course, given the vast size of this field, many people are turning to a niche form of SEO called local SEO. When it comes to local SEO, there are a few key points to keep in mind.
What is Local SEO & Do I Really Need It?
When discussing local SEO, it is important for everyone to note that this is a form of SEO that focuses on building a company’s online reputation in the local area. This has been a growing area of SEO, as more and more people are using search engines to help them find services that are relevant to their needs in the local area. When it comes to pulling up local searches, there are a few triggers that let a search engine know that the user is looking for something specific in the local area. Some of the common triggers include:
- Searches that include the phrase “near me,” such as “restaurants near me”
- Searches that include city names or town names, such as New York City, San Francisco, or Chicago
- Searches that include zip codes
Any search that includes these elements is going to let the search engine know that the individual is looking for a product or service in the local vicinity. When this takes place, the search engine will track the user’s IP address, find his or her location, and pull up results that are relevant in the local area.
For those who are wondering if they really need to use local SEO, the answer is, yes. Any company that has a physical location should be trying to recruit customers that are in their vicinity. This allows small, local businesses to compete with large corporations who might have set up shop in their backyard. For this reason, all companies need to be thinking about local SEO, how they can use it, and ways they can leverage local SEO to grow their businesses.
When Buying a Local SEO Package, What Can I Expect to Receive in Return?
When someone is investing in local SEO services for their business, they are often wondering what type of services they can expect to receive in return. While it depends on how much money that business is willing to spend, there are a few standard components that should come with a local SEO campaign. These include:
- Rank Tracking: This is one of the most important parts of every local SEO campaign. Rank tracking is important because this service lets businesses know if their campaign is working. If the campaign is working well, then there should be a relatively high rank for local searches. If the campaign is not working, then the rank tracking will be low and something should be adjusted.
- Keyword Research: Of course, rank tracking is only going to work if the company knows what keywords matter to their industry. This is where a local SEO team can help. A local SEO team has access to the right tools to come up with a diverse array of keywords that the company can target.
- Advanced Analytics: In addition, a local SEO team should also be able to use advanced analytics to figure out which parts of the campaign are working and what areas might exist for new opportunities. This could even include looking at what the competition is doing well and trying to mimic them. This is important for figuring out where the leads are coming from and how they are being converted.
These are just a few of the many services that might be included with a local SEO campaign. It is important for everyone to make sure they are getting the right benefits from their local SEO agency
How Much Should I Spend on a Local SEO Campaign?
Of course, one of the most important questions that many people would like to have answered involves their budget. How much money should they actually be spending on their local SEO campaign? The answer is that it depends. Importantly, it might be possible to find local SEO services for less than $100 per month; however, this is usually only a trial offer and it will not deliver results.
In order to invest in a solid local SEO campaign, some small businesses end up spending around $500 per month; however, most end up spending more than this. Of course, the price is going to vary by location, industry, and size of the company. It is not unusual for companies to spend a few thousand dollars per month; however, in order to truly figure out what works best for the company, it is important to sit down with a team of professionals, go over the options, and figure out what meets the needs of the company the best.
How Can I Be Sure the Local SEO Company I Hire is a Good One?
When trying to choose a local SEO agency, it is important to make the right decision. Some of the steps that need to be followed include:
- Sit down with each SEO candidate and go over the goals of the company. Be as specific as possible. Is the goal to boost revenue? Is the goal to get traffic from certain groups? Is the goal to get more subscribers? Think about whether the company is going to be able to meet these specific goals.
- Ask for reviews and references. Any local SEO company that is looking for clients is going to have a list of references that potential customers can speak with. This is going to be important for figuring out what it is actually like to work with that company.
- Finally, think about communication. This is one of the most important factors in finding the best local SEO package because if the client and the SEO team are not on the same page, the results are not going to be good. Think about the communication between the client and the SEO team.
This will help all small businesses find the right local SEO team to meet their needs.