You might have bought wheels and tires hundreds of times over the last few years and consider yourself an expert. But there is always a better way.
This aphorism is something most big-league professionals in the custom wheel industry believe. According to these experts who earn their bread working with wheels and tires, their technologies change every few years and it makes choosing them change in slight cases too.
The following points have been polled the most essential ones when you are purchasing tires of high quality and rims that will rock your ride. With so many options of custom wheels to choose from- from Fuel to Petrol to Vossen Wheels– you have to be on your toes naturally.
First, we shall go over some strategies to purchase quality tires. A later segment will deal with wheels only.
Buying HQ tires scientifically
Tires are available in a range of finishes. The most common ones include summer, winter, run-flat, and all-season tires. When you are procuring a set of tires for your vehicle, ensure that they have the following properties.
- Must be from branded companies: There are so many iconic companies to choose from- Continental, Michelin, Nexen, Hankook and so on. It is essential to select a branded set of tires (similar to buying wheels to an extent. After all, who would not buy Vision Wheels over unbranded ones?) That will provide value for money and will last for several years to say the least.
- Check tread pattern and depth: Do you drive on unpaved and rocky roads often? Are you a fan of hitting dirt trails and off-roading? And do you own an SUV? If the answers to all of these are yes, you must always go for racing wheels, which have broad shoulders, superb tread depths that will not fail you even on the worst roads, and will make you want to buy better wheels and tires the next time around!
- Always stick to manufacturer recommendations: One look at the manufacturers’ handbook will give you a great deal of information about the tires required for your vehicle. Never use the sizes that are not recommended for the vehicle. Also, if you live in an area that sees a lot of snow in the winters, think before you buy 2 sets- one winter and one summer tires.
If the temperature does not fall below 44 F (7 C) in your region, how about a set of all-weather tires? They can take practically anything you can throw at them and you still have to pay for a single set of tubes!
Let’s now focus on buying better wheels and tires, especially on custom wheels!
Buying better wheels like a pro!
Purchasing wheels or custom rims is a slightly more difficult task than getting hold of tires. With competitors like Vossen Wheels and a plethora of other brands, OEM rims have almost been tossed out of the window!
Here are a few quick points.
- Buy branded alloy wheels only: Although you have the option of choosing from stainless steel wheels too, it is better that you stick to alloys at all times. Not only are they better-looking, they are also significantly lighter and more durable than you would think.
Alloys come in the best styles always! Whether you are at an offline discount sale or buying online, you will have noticed how incredible they look.
When you purchase a set of Vision Wheels, for example, you can choose from a range of finishes that add a touch of class and grace to the vehicle. Besides, you can easily buy customized rims from Vision and other companies.
They can be painted to complement the vehicle you drive. In fact, even two-tone painting is possible nowadays, making you realize that it is only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to unearth always, correct?!
- Consider oversizing wheels: It is a good idea to experiment when you are buying wheels and tires, but not too much!
Oversizing has long been seen to be something that aesthetic value but is not of too much technical addition. Well, that is not quite true. When you buy Vossen Wheels that are one size bigger than the rims you are using currently, you will realize that there is a significant increase in the way your car behaves and how well it navigates on tricky surfaces.
With slightly bigger custom rims, your vehicle’s braking ability will be better than it usually is. There will also be more room for adding your much-desired set of custom disc-brakes if that’s something you are interested in. There is also more room for the easier dissipation of hot air and the wheels will be much less susceptible to damage than they were earlier.
Overall, it is a great idea waiting for you!
Remember that buying wheels and tires can be an expensive proposition. It is best to stick to well-known and popular brands at all times. It also increases the vehicle’s resale value!