According to Web.com Reviews, it is possible to build a custom home that is eco-friendly with all the modern amenities and luxurious looks. In fact, the ‘Green Home’ trend is becoming more popular than ever because it allows you to fulfill your part of social and economic responsibilities while living in your dream home. Here are some eco-friendly features to consider when designing your custom home:
1. Build green roofs and walls – Many luxury homes feature green roofs to improve their aesthetic appeal, provide efficient and natural cooling, and introduce a connection with nature in modern society. A green roof insulates your home from outside temperatures and greatly reduces your home energy requirements. A properly designed green roof can elevate the beauty of your property to a whole new level, allow you to experience nature right from your home, and save a lot on your energy bill.
2. Install Solar panels – Solar energy is a clean and renewable resource and it only makes sense to utilize it if you want to go green. For a one-time low-cost investment, you can passively power your home and save a lot on your energy bills. Depending on the placement of the solar panels, the position of your property, and other green features in your property, it can be sufficient to power your whole house.
3. Use energy-efficient appliances – Always opt for more energy-efficient appliances with good energy-star ratings. Such appliances can help you to save money and are also better for the environment. For example, it is better to use LED lighting instead of incandescent bulbs and use smart home technology like programmable thermostats that can efficiently control the heating and cooling solution of your house.
4. Use locally sourced and sustainable materials – Using locally sourced materials to build your home reduces the overall carbon-footprint and using sustainable materials ensures that you don’t disrupt the environment. It is best to use recycled materials such as reclaimed wood to build your home as they are more eco-friendly. Recycled materials often cost less than virgin materials and are a smart choice.
5. Create Orchards and vegetable gardens around your home – Adding an orchard and vegetable garden in your property would allow you to indulge the inner gardener in you. Gardening is eco-friendly and very relaxing activity but there are many other benefits to creating a garden. You can grow your own fruits and vegetables and enjoy consuming your own produce. It also promotes the overall beauty of your property and improves the value of your property.
Building a home is a lifetime investment and a dream for most people. So, you have to plan everything carefully. However, if you have the option to leave a positive environmental impact around your property, you should take it. Web.com Reviews believes that if you live in a suitable area, you can try to install a geothermal heating and cooling solution in your property. The upfront investment may be on the costlier side, but the benefits and reliability of the system make it worth the cost.