Every building needs maintenance, such as repairs or cleaning. Whether your building needs to be repaired or cleaned, building a platform for your workers will play an important role. Being aware of what scaffolding is can help you scaffolding for hire the right company to take care of your needs.
Table of Contents
Different Types of Scaffolding
Scaffolding is a temporary platform for workers to stand on. It is one of the tools and other resources that the workers might need in either doing repairs or cleaning a building. The different types of scaffolding platforms are:
- Single Scaffolding: This is usually for brick masonry. It consists of standards, ledgers, or putlogs placed parallel to the wall at a distance of 1.2 m. The gaps between the standards need to be 2 to 2.5 m. Ledgers connect the standards vertically at the interval of 1.2 to 1.5 m. Meanwhile, putlogs need to be from 1.2 to 1.5 m.
- Cantilever Scaffolding: Standards in this platform comes with a series of needles taken out through holes in the wall. Cantilever platforms are for special conditions, such as the ground cannot support standards, the ground near the wall needs to be free, and when the higher part of the wall is under construction.
- Suspended Scaffolding: This type suspends from roofs, and it needs the help of wire ropes or chains. The wire ropes or chains are required to raise or lower the working platform to the required level. Suspended working platforms are ideal for paintings, pointing, and repair works.
- Trestle Scaffolding: This is a working platform supported on portable tripods or ladders and is typically used indoors for paintings or repairs up to a height of 5 m.
- Steel Scaffolding: This working platform comes through steel tubes fixed together using steel couplers or fittings. It is easy to construct and dismantle. This working platform has greater strength, durability, and higher fire resistance.
- Patented Scaffolding: This type of working platform is made up of steel but equipped with couplings and frames. The patented platform is usually the type of readymade scaffoldings that come with adjustable brackets and are available in the market.
What are the different scaffolding services?
There are various services available that might fit your specific needs. Some companies offer commercial scaffolding, aluminium Kwikstage and mobile scaffold, residential scaffolding labour-hire, public access and overhead protection, designing calculations, scaffolding inspection, and safety training. But of course, remember that an essential service that a company can offer is the construction of the scaffolding itself.
What company should you trust?
Before you hire a construction company that will cater to your scaffolding needs, it is always essential to have some standards. It would be best if you consider the company’s:
- Years of experience in the industry
- Experience in the specific type of scaffolding you need
You can check the ratings and performances of companies online. By doing some research, you will see that the business you are planning to trust has the necessary experience.
Hiring the best company for your needs is in your best interests. Choosing the best company ensures that you will have the best options in front of you, and you will be able to provide a reliable platform or structure that will keep your workers safe.