Observing good oral hygiene is known to solve almost if not all teeth-related problems. Eating a healthy diet plays a vital role in having strong and healthy teeth. Frequently visiting a dentist helps detect teeth problems and seek early intervention measures before things get out of hand. Bad breath and bleeding gums are common problems that can be diagnosed and treated. Periodontitis is a result of untreated gingivitis, which can lead to tooth loss if not treated. Choice of a good clinic is essential in the treatment of teeth-related problems. Periodontics midtown west Manhattan is the specialist in this field, having great expertise and knowledge. In this article, we learn more about gum disease and how we can treat it.
Table of Contents
Gum disease can be characterized by symptoms like;
- Bad breath
- Tender gum
- Swollen gum
- Pus in the gum
- Reddening of the gum
- Teeth pulling away from the gum
Every client’s need is unique and varies from one person to another. The level of damage to the teeth also determines the type of treatment to be adopted. The dentist takes the family history and performs several tests before deciding on the best procedure to perform. Below are the main methods used to treat periodontics;
- The scaling and root planning- the process is similar to non-surgical periodontal as it works by cleaning the roots of the tooth and using antibiotics to treat gum diseases. Maintenance therapy is essential to prevent further damage.
- Dental implant- the method involves using artificial tooth roots to hold the new teeth in the jaw.
- Soft tissue grafting-where the gum tissue may have exposed the root, a soft tissue grafting may be done. Gum tissue to be grafted maybe got from the palate or another source
- Non-surgical periodontal treatment: When gum disease is detected early, it will not need surgery. Cleaning the periodontal pockets to eliminate the accumulated plaque helps ensure the tooth roots are free from bacteria. Antibiotics may be used to prevent further occurrence of the bacteria.
- Regeneration-the process involves folding back the gum tissue to remove the bacteria. The gum is then able to regenerate new tissue.
- Crown lengthening surgery involves creating a healthy space among the teeth, the gum, and the jaw bone.
- The gingivectomy-the process involves a surgery where the extra tissues are eliminated, and then reshaping is done. The procedure makes the gum line even.
Benefits of periodontal care
The major benefit is restoring smiles to the clients, boosting their confidence. The cleaning of the gum ensures fresh breath because the buildup of food particles is eliminated, and the removal of tartar is. Through regular checkups, the client’s overall health is easily monitored.
Daily brushing and flossing are vital to eliminating accumulated plaque and bacteria that form with time. To prevent loss of teeth and restore smiles, everybody has to play their part and, more so, prioritize dental health. The good news is that there is a one-stop clinic known as Carnegie dental wellness that offers a solution to all gum diseases and other teeth-related problems. To make an appointment with them, give them a call for specialized care.