Antique furniture is usually high-quality pieces from their era. They can uplift the vintage in any home, and the good news is that they go with anything, most of the time. Environmentally friendly, with a story behind each piece, antique furniture can be the latest marvel in your home when pulled off right. Speaking of which, how can you create the perfect look with antique furniture? Well, we consulted the experts over at Artisans Rose, a specialist in selling antique furniture online, and we were able to come up with some amazing ideas that are sure to spice up your home. Here goes:
- Use an antique table as the focal point of a room
A focal point piece is typically the center of attention in one of two ways. First, it makes up the actual center around which you can oscillate other furniture pieces. Secondly, it needs to be a showstopper because it will undoubtedly get most of the attention given its positioning. Designers often advise that you should get a statement antique piece for every room, and make that the focal point of your design.
In terms of which particular antique furniture would serve as great focal pieces, consider the Kubra antique console table from Artisans Rose. It’s a head-turning piece of history that’s distinctly appealing. Other great options include:
- The Aharon Jute top coffee table
- The Charon coffee table
- The Lamis center table and much more
If you don’t have too much spare in the living space, don’t be afraid to pair antique furniture with a modern, minimalistic table such as the Aerin Mother of Pear coffee table. You can find all these tables at Artisans Rose if you’d like to take a closer look.
Now let’s talk seats. These will also be another notable and unmissable highlight for your living room in particular. The choice of seats you’ll go with will depend on the center table you went with above. If you chose a dark color, bright pieces might be a wise idea and vice versa. Ultimately, you don’t want your living room to feel forced and incoherently put together, so ensure your seats feel like they blend in with the furniture rather than forcefully stand apart.
What vintage decor furniture could you go with when it comes to seats? We’re glad you asked. Here’s what we suggest:
- Cougar wooden tiger wooden chair: The Bengal tiger has become a symbol of India. Now, you can pay homage to this iconic animal with this choice of furniture. It can look great outdoors as well as indoors, next to a less colorful sideboard. Flip it the other way when not in use and the complete tiger frame becomes visible, making for an excellent piece of art next to some antique wall décor.
- Oscar library sofa chair: This Chesterfield sofa says you’re a person of style to your guests. It’s a comfortable, opulent, and cozy piece of furniture that says “I’m classy and I know it.” This seat pairs with almost anything due to its dark shades, so you can never go wrong with it.
Word of advice though, you want to ensure the number of seats you choose doesn’t crowd out the room, blocking doorways and creating a stuffy mood. Therefore, sometimes, a minimalist approach is best.
- Accessorize with sideboards
Would you like more storage space? Need to uplift the antique appeal of a room? Sideboards provide the best of both worlds. This vintage decor furniture piece can provide residence for dining ware while accentuating the feel of other antique furniture pieces around it.
Specifically, we recommend the Eris wooden vintage Damchiya from Artisans Rose. Its elegant wood and white tones inject the bohemian vibe into the space, while also providing a dash of color to break the monotony of antiques. If a more conservative or toned-down look is what you’re going for, its darker and more subtle alternative, the Bion wooden vintage Damchiya, also makes for an excellent choice.
You could also go the way of the Sirius sideboard in brass, a handcrafted work of art that will up your living room game with a blast from the past. Or keep it simple and sweet with the Carleton hand-painted floral sideboard. You can get a pair of sideboards to sit on opposing ends of furniture pieces, choosing a single model of sideboard for every room.
- Choose contrasting or complimentary wall décor
So you have your furniture picked out, but you should also go one step further to also shop for antique decor furniture online to get a completely authentic look. Modern wall décor can ruin that vintage illusion and break from the atmosphere hence the need that décor also be antique.
Extend the rustic, historic look with the following pieces:
- Pretty pastel pots: Their aged pastel hues can add a splash of color to uplift your antique furniture layout. They look amazing on a side table or anywhere alongside your couch.
- Vintage wooden hook: In keeping with the past-century vibe of your new furniture, this wooden hook pairs with any antique furniture selections you went with
- Hours vintage lamp: Nothing says vintage more than this statement piece, which will have your guests feeling like they just walked right into the past century
Of course, there are several other ways you could go with these and you can find more options at Artisans Rose.
Shop for the best antique furniture at Artisans Rose
To pull off the perfect look with antique furniture, it’s first of all important that you get authentic pieces in the first place. With so many knock-offs swirling around the internet today, you need a trusted vintage decor furniture store of reputable standing and experience/expertise in the trade. Head over to Artisans Rose website, India’s largest and most trusted seller of antique furniture online to sample the biggest collection of antiques in India. You’re certain to get a handful of statement pieces that will give your living space that uniquely elegant look.