Plastic surgery has been on the rise in recent years. More women today are desiring bigger butts, and this s why butt augmentation procedures have been on the rise. To be precise, Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL has become commonplace among women and men. Many people, both men, and women struggle with the shape of their butts due to age and weight changes and this is why they are turning to BBL. It is a non invasive buttock enhancement that can help boost the shape and volume of your butt. Butt augmentation involves fat grafting that has become very popular over the years. However, there is a lot of debate surrounding the risks involved in this procedure. We will look at the procedure of BBL, the costs, and the benefits.
What Exactly is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
One thing you need to know is that BBL is not from Brazil as many tend to think. The name was developed in 1996 because the first patient for this procedure was a Brazilian. Secondly, the procedure does not involve any lifting. It also does not involve the buttocks only. The professional performs liposuction to extract fats from other parts of the body. There have been numerous cases of failed procedures or people dying from complications related to BBL. The secret to getting the best outcomes is to choose the right doctor and there are many of them out there. Dr. Issa Nikola is a board-certified plastic surgeon who works closely with patients to ensure they get the best results. The professional has a trained hand and creativity of the highest level to ensure the patients get round and fuller backside. This specialist has the habit of giving their patients something way better than what they expected. If you are considering BBL, it is important to first know what it entails and decide if it suits your needs and preference. Here is the BBL procedure explained.
The BBL Procedure
Surgeons have their own specific ways of performing BBL. However, there is a common procedure that every surgeon must use. Here are the steps.
- Before the beginning of the procedure, the doctor confirms with the patient the area they want liposuction to be performed.
- The patient is then placed under anesthesia. However, if the surgery involves transferring a small amount of fats, you may only need medication to help numb the place. You may have to take a medication to prevent feeling nauseated since anesthesia may make you feel sick.
- The doctor will perform liposuction on the marked places like the thighs, stomach, and hips to remove the fat. The surgeon will inject an IV fluid that contains lidocaine and adrenaline to ensure proper separation of fats and reduce bleeding. This fluid also ensures you have a less painful recovery. A tube is then used to remove the fat.
- Once the fat is removed, it is separated from the solution and taken to the lab for purification to make it ready for injection.
- The procedure completes by the surgeon injecting the fat into the buttocks on specific areas for fuller and rounder buttocks. Mostly, the professional will make about three incisions to inject the fat.
- After injecting the fats, the doctor will then need to close the incision and liposuction areas then wrap the affected area with a cloth to reduce bleeding and infection.
BBL has a longer downtime where the patent might take about ten days to rest and go back to their normal life. The cut places may take about three weeks and about four weeks before you feel normal. During this time, expect some bruising and swelling so you can use a BBL pillow to help lessen the pain on the buttocks while healing.
Even though many people say that BBL is surrounded by a lot of risks, it has its good side too. Here are the benefits.
- Some procedures require the placing of silicone on the butts. On the other hand, a BBL provides a natural solution for a round backside. There are no artificial additives n this procedure.
- A BBL has a low risk of infection compared to silicone implants. It is safer when done properly compared to other procedures.
- BBL is used to address various problems like shapelessness or sagging of buttocks that occur with age or genes.
- A BBL is a permanent solution to a small or sagging backside. As people get pregnant or age, their body shapes change, and their skin loosens. BBL helps retain the voluminous shape of their butts by offering a permanent solution.
The Importance of Finding a Reputable Surgeon
It is critical to ensure the surgeon performing this procedure is highly trained and has the necessary experience. Finding the best surgeon minimizes the risks involved with BBLs and improves your safety. Experts like Dr. Issa Nikola are well-acquainted with the procedure and have the best experience and expertise you need for the best results. Remember, preparation is a major factor when considering a BBL. We encourage you to call our clinic and schedule a BBL consultation with Dr. Issa Nikola.