Like Uber is to ridesharing, Enterprise is to car rental. Enterprise is one of the leading car rental apps. Rental cars are not only of great convenience for tourists but also for the local people who can’t afford a car. Many tourists like driving around themselves instead of hiring Uber as it gives them the opportunity to visit nearby areas and save on travel costs as well. Similarly, even businessmen prefer using rental cars for their commute when visiting a different country or city.
Therefore, the demand for rental car apps has been increasing over the past years. As a matter of fact, the car rental industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% reaching a market volume of US$30,686 by 2023. The growing market presents lucrative opportunities for rental car businesses and therefore, there is a growing demand for car rental apps. Businesses looking to start a car rental app like Enterprise can follow the steps outlined in this post.
Enterprise Car Rental App
Enterprise is the leading car rental app in the US which provides an easy booking option for its customers. The app is available in more than 7800 locations worldwide and allows customers to hire a car, modify upcoming reservations, call roadside assistance, etc.
The users can pick up the rental car from the location they select. The app provides access to a variety of exotic car collection and users also avail reward points that they can use for free rental cars. In 2019, Enterprise was the second most download car rental app, an increase of 12% since 2018. It experienced installations close to 277,000.
How to start a car rental app like Enterprise?
To build a car rental app like Enterprise, you will have to imitate the business model, revenue model, key app features, etc. However, to build a successful and unique app, you should analyze your market and try to address the pain points of your potential customers. Here are the steps you need to follow to build your own car rental app:
The first step of any business requires intensive research on the market, challenges, competitors, opportunities, threats, etc. Therefore, before you begin with the development of a car rental app, you should research and analyze all these factors to create a strong business plan. If your focus is the Enterprise car rental app, then you should also look at the business model, revenue model, features, and other important success factors of the app. This will give you an idea for your own app.
- Revenue model
Car rental apps use a combination of three types of revenue model to earn revenue. You will also have to decide on the revenue model you will use to generate revenue for your business. The three types of revenue model are:
- Commission: Car rental apps charge a booking fee from the customer on every booking.
- Advertisements: Your app can also earn revenue by charging car owners for banner advertising, featured listing, and on-site car promotion.
- Subscriptions: You can offer monthly or yearly subscription packages to car owners. This subscription is for digital products that help car owners manage secure and quick car sharing on smartphones. The digital products available are GPS tracking, engine lock, and tamper detection.
- Find a car rental app development company
The most important step to start a car rental app is hiring a car rental app development company that can customize your app. Finding the right app development company is a challenge in itself, but it is a crucial aspect of app development.
Enuke Software is the best development company for your business needs, They are best in . They deliver so many apps in the travel niche.
You can refer to platforms such as LinkedIn, Clutch, GoodFirms, etc to find the best companies that have been rated and reviewed by their clients. Go through a shortlisting process based on the experience, background, development skills, and other important factors of the companies. To hire the right app development company, interact with each shortlisted company to know more about the development process and the cost.\
- Handpick the features you require
Select the features you want to integrate on your car rental app. The app development company can help you in selecting similar features as the Enterprise car rental app. You can also add some features that will provide extra convenience to your customers. Some of the must-have features are:
- Choice in car selection – Your app should provide a choice to select from a variety of cars. For instance, some users may need an SUV that can accommodate 7 people, while some may need a Sedan or a Hatchback.
- Advanced filters – The app should provide advanced filters to users such as filtering pick-up locations, a car features filter, etc.
- Unlock car from the app – The users should be able to unlock the car from the app through this feature.
- Search for the rental location – The app should also have a GPS to be able to search for rental cars near the user’s location.
- Message hosts through the app – The app provide a 24*7 message facility to both the host and the rider. The users can message the hosts to rent their vehicle anytime using this feature.
- Deployment and delivery
Once the car rental app has been developed by the hired app development company, they will deploy the app to test its performance in a live environment. Any issues found are fixed and the app is delivered to you. You can launch the app and start promoting the app using different strategies.