Email communication in the marketing process is a key task performed by the sales team. Integrating business email with highly agile CRM software provides the team with immense benefits. Understanding the Salesforce Outlook setup process gives them a wide range of features for efficient management of email conversations.
The team seamlessly accesses data on Salesforce, such as communication and purchase history from Outlook. Data logging from Outlook becomes simple once the integration process is complete. The entire setup process takes only a few minutes to complete.
Key Salesforce and Outlook features for business
Salesforce and Outlook have important features that make it easier to run email marketing campaigns, communicate with clients and do follow-ups. The sales and marketing team stays updated with current developments through reliable communication features in both tools.
To take advantage of all the features, click on the Salesforce Outlook plugin download on the Revenue Grid website to download and install the plugin on your computer. Once integrated, the add-in makes it easy for you to schedule meetings, track your emails, and increase sales engagement. The plugin makes it easy for you to update all data in Outlook and customize your Salesforce objects.
Salesforce helps you to streamline your company processes through its unique tools and features. Its key features include marketing automation, customer service, and data analytics. It automates daily tasks and makes the sales process easier to manage. Outlook contains features such as group scheduling, email, and call support that make it easier to manage emails to customers and teammates. Here are their unique features.
How to integrate Salesforce with Outlook
Step one: Login to Salesforce and select Outlook
- Login to Salesforce and then click on Setup. Type Outlook in the Fast Find Box. Click Outlook Integration and Sync. Click Outlook Integration and Lightning Sync. Click Active and Notify Reps to activate the Outlook Enhanced Email feature. Click Edit and then Active and Advanced Email Security Settings, and then click Save.
Step two: Configure Outlook
- Open the Fast Find Box and type the word Outlook. Click Outlook Configuration and then New Outlook Configuration. Check the basic information section and type the name you want to give it. Click active.
- Go to Assign users and profiles and click Users. Choose all the users who will be allowed on the Outlook Sync Permission. Add the users by clicking the Add icon. Again, go to Assign Users and Profiles and click Profile. Go to Available Members and select the members you want to grant Outlook sync permission. This is the team will be able to make changes in Outlook or perform further configurations depending on needs from time to time.
- Got to Set Default Sync and then All Outlook Items box. Click Allow users. Go to Sync Both Ways and check all the boxes that you want to permit users to make changes. Follow the same process in step two to configure Tasks and Events, and then click Save.
Step three: Configure Salesforce
- Go to Salesforce Classic and click on My Settings and type your Username. In the Fast Find box, type the words Outlook and then select Salesforce for Outlook. Go to the end of the page and click Download. The Salesforce for Outlook will download.
- Once complete, run the Setup File. The easiest is to right-click on the setup file and then select run as administrators. Follow the prompts and allow the app to make changes on this computer. The entire installation process takes a few minutes.
Step four: Integrate Salesforce with Outlook
- When the installation process is thorough, open Outlook and the integration process will be complete. Right-click on the Salesforce Outlook symbol and then Settings. Type your User name and password and then log in.
- Choose Sync Only the Outlook Items I Select. Click draft and then Next and Save. Your Salesforce panel is now active in Outlook. You can customize it further by turning on Enhanced Email for automatic email logging.
Integrating Salesforce with Outlook helps your sales team access various Salesforce features on Outlook. It allows them to keep track of email communications with customers and colleagues. You can customize the settings according to your company’s needs. To get the most from the integrated tools, add the Salesforce Outlook Plugin for automated data and activity capture.