Do you love going on long walks? Do you jog to keep yourself fit? More or less, we all have experience of these things in our day-to-day life. But we do often neglect the primary support behind our wonderful experience, our lower limbs that support us to work all day long. Foot care is an essential treatment that is vital in today’s world. To receive such treatment, you should visit the specialists who can provide you the best care.
Table of Contents
Who is a Chiropodist?
There are different branches of medical science. Among them, those who deal with the diseases and disorders of the lower limb are called podiatry, and the doctors are known as a podiatrist. Chiropody is the health care that evaluates and treats different diseases and disorders of the foot. Many times, people face many kinds of accidents, trauma health care issues that give rise to a range of lower limb problems. In such situations, Guelph Chiropody is of great help to people.
What Do Chiropodists Treat?
The lower limb is one of the essential parts of a human being that helps them move and work independently. There are different conditions that a chiropodist treats, such as:
- Bunion: It is a bony bump that may result due to wearing tight or narrow shoes. It forms on the part at the base of the big toe.
- Hammertoes: This condition is where the toe does not bend correctly.
- Nail disorders: Many people do have the chronic problem of fungus or an ingrown toenail. It is a condition where, instead of coming out straight, a corner of the nail grows into the toe.
- Heel pain: A swelling of calcium at the bottom of the heel bone often gives rise to heel pain. You may develop these problems due to running, overweight, or tight-fitting shoes.
- Fractures and sprains: Many times, athletes or sportspersons do face common injuries of foot and ankle.
- Growth pain: If a child’s feet do not grow as per the age or point inward, then a chiropodist recommends special exercises.
- Morton’s neuroma: Many people experience a sense of pain, burning, or a feeling that something is there in the shoe. Such situations arise due to the nerve problems occurring between the third and fourth bones of your foot.
When Should You Visit A Chiropodist?
Nobody wants to visit a doctor unless suffering from pain. A patient often visits a chiropodist to get relief from the foot pain or lower limb pain. At times, unknowingly, the shoes you wear can become the biggest reason behind your foot pain. Depending on the age and medical background, and case history of the patient, the doctors use local anesthesia to correct some minor limb problems.
Some patients also suffer from chronic fungus problems of nails, corns, and callus throughout the year that can also effectively heal. You can also get callus treatment in Singapore from here. Researchers say that various forms of preventive care treatment can help an arthritic patient lead a healthy, independent life.