There are a thousand reasons to know the value of your property. One, if you’re considering selling your old home to move into a new one, a property valuation is important. Second, suppose you were to acquire a loan from the bank using your property as a collateral, the bank will need to know the actual value of that property to decide whether you’re worthy or not to be awarded the loan. Third, you want to know the value of a home or an office space before opening your wallet to pay. Right? I can keep going on. But you alone know exactly what you need your property valuation for. Therefore, I am recommending this Valuation company (just click on that link) for all your property valuation solutions.
In the interim, let me explain the three main types of property valuations and some of the reasons you should know the value of your property.
Types Of Property Valuation
Depending on the kind of property you want to evaluate, you can choose from either of these three options as explained below.
- Comparison Method; the comparison method is one the most adopted for both residential building valuation and land valuation. As the name implies, the process is all about the comparison of a subject property with 3 or 4 similar properties of the same size, design, and function. But it’s quite one of the most difficult ways to come about the value of a property in the sense that it is rare to find 4 properties that are of the same characteristics. Right? Other factors that may affect the accuracy of this method are; a variation in the geographical location of the properties compared and the current market situations. One major terminology to understand in this method is “comparable”. When your valuer mentions the word ” comparable” or “comparables”, he means a piece of land or structure that has been found to pass the mark of being valid to be compared with the subject property.
- Income Capitalization Approach; often called ICA, the income capitalization approach is a property appraisal method used by valuers to find out the value of income properties. Mind you, income properties include; commercial real estates, hotels, rental buildings, residential buildings, multi-family homes and the likes. Taking this approach, your property appraiser finds out the income that the subject property has been generating for the last 4-5 months.
- Cost Method; now, this is a more serious approach toward property valuation. Found to be the most effective, the cost method is employed in the valuation of properties that are not to be sold. Such properties include; schools, hospitals, government buildings, houses of worship, and the likes. First thing, the land cost is first calculated. After coming to a conclusion on the present cost of the land, then the overall building cost is calculated. By building cost, I mean the total money spent on building materials, workmanship, transportation of building materials, contractors, and everything spent so far to realize the manifestation of the subject building. You get? Good. After the building cost and the land cost must have been summed up, then comes the subtraction of the depreciation cost. By depression cost, I mean the economic obsolescence, functional obsolescence, and physical deterioration of both the structure and the land on which it is standing on.
And that’s just it. In the next section, I will highlight some of the reasons you really need to get an expert valuer for your real estate property valuation.
Benefits Of Property Valuation
- Selling Of Your Home; escaping the guesswork can only be achieved with the right effort. Instead of bouncing off a price of your head on your property, getting an estimated value of your property will establish a solid ground of sales and visibility for your property.
- Loan Security; securing a loan can only be successful when you can provide the asked requirements to your bank. If you have a valid statement of your property’s value, you can more easily secure a loan that requires a collateral.
- Rental; knowing the right and economically competitive rate to ask when renting out your land or building is a must. And that is just what a property valuation does for you.