Ever wondered why Magento is ranked as the leading website in the ecommerce sector or what makes it liked by millions of users globally? Magento provides a fully SEO-optimized and user-friendly interface with the help of Magento breadcrumbs. These special links provide users with a track of their journey from origin to their present location on a website.
Did it ever happen to you when you go to a website and forget the way out? Do you not know how to get to the page you wanted to explore or the landing page for any other reason? We’re sure that when it happens, you just leave the website and start exploring the new ones, right?
With hundreds of pages and URLs, it’s obvious that users just lose their way while browsing the website and exploring services or products. This is the time when Magento Breadcrumbs came into action. But what exactly do Magento breadcrumbs do, and how does it benefit websites or e-commerce stores? Let’s find out in today’s article
What are Magento Breadcrumbs?
Magento Breadcrumbs is a term that denotes a pathway or a navigation chain that enables a user to track their way during their website visitors to enhance its usability. In other words, it is a path to all the products on your website.
The primary role of the breadcrumb is to help the visitor return to the previous navigated page from which they have come forward. People who visit websites to learn or read the content and want to return to previous content for rereading can take advantage of this feature.
Though it is not essential to include Magento Breadcrumbs, adding one can improve a website’s UX and overall performance.
What Are The Types of Magento Breadcrumbs?
Depending upon the user types and features, there are three types of Magento Breadcrumbs available in the market:
1. Hierarchy-based breadcrumbs
Magento’s most popular and widely-used type of breadcrumb is the Hierarchy-based breadcrumbs. Using this type, a user can track the categories, and subcategories of the products they have checked on the website along with the entire structure of it. It is easy to navigate the higher subcategories for the visitor.
2. History-based breadcrumbs
Being another variant of Magento breadcrumbs, unlike the first one, this breadcrumb works as a “Back Button” of the web browser. This allows the user to go back to the previous page in nanoseconds, saving time and effort.
These breadcrumbs are beneficial for those who like jumping back and forth between website pages for research, shopping, or any other purpose. This filter is based on click rather than position.
3. Attribute-based breadcrumbs
Visitors can use this type of breadcrumbs to look at the attributes they selected for a certain page. Platforms like e-commerce websites and online shopping sites that offer multiple attributes can use this type for their benefit. When a website applies this filter, all the selected attributes will appear on the top of the screen in the tab.
The thing that makes hierarchy-based and attribute-based breadcrumbs differ from each other is the latter showcases or displays the path and the selected filter on the page. You can always deselect the filters at your convenience.
Benefits of Using Magento Breadcrumb
The advantage of using Magento differs for users and the website owner, depending on the demands.
- Location breadcrumb helps users to navigate quickly; it reduces the bounce rate and enhances the revenue and sales of ecommerce websites.
- Visitors can choose the attribute-breadcrumb or select attributes on the site to look for their preferred products.
- It also allows users to navigate and see the entire structure of the website.
- People get an overall gist of the website and its resources so they can easily look for the things and products they want.
- Breadcrumbs help users to get the architectural layout of the site. It allows users to see relevant content irrespective of age, gender, or professional background.
- A website’s online ranking gets better when it uses location-based breadcrumbs by assisting search engine robots with its pages.
- Breadcrumbs promote search engine crawlers to navigate any website faster, thus improving the overall position over search engines.
- Your website can display keywords to specific pages that help search engine pages associate with the keywords with the help of breadcrumbs.
- It also improves interlinking between the website pages, enhancing its SEO score.
- Breadcrumbs are linked with SERPs that rank your website at the top of any search engine while displaying helpful information to the user.
We all can agree now on what a Magento Breadcrumb can do to an e-commerce website and increase its quality on search engines. You can also improve your website’s reputation using Magento with breadcrumbs from the best Magento development agency in India- Appinop Technologies.
With the best Magento Development services that include features like breadcrumbs, a user-friendly interface, and secure and diligent packages, they can assist you in creating an exceptional Magento platform for your business. If you want to hire a professional to minimize the risk of any failure, hire Appinop Technologies.