Lace in home interiors can sometimes be associated with grandmother’s house, napkins, and Victorian décor. However, with the increased demand for shabby chic, themed home decor, lace is making a comeback in the design world. Recently, light lace curtains in Dubai have become popular in the interior of a city apartment.
Lace Panel Curtains. Fabric Description
Lace is a fine structure that consists entirely of weaving threads that form a pattern. Lace fabric is a special kind of textile, which are textured patterns, embossed on an openwork background. Curtains with lace are made up of tiny holes in the fabric, so they usually have a delicate, airy appearance.
Lace is one of the most delicate, textured and mysterious materials. The interior, decorated with lace textiles, always looks cozy and warm.
5 Main Types of Lace
- Chantilly (lace is made of silk threads, has a kind of ornate pattern);
- torchon (machine-made dense and thick enough lace with a textured pattern);
- brabant (lace is distinguished by exceptional relief);
- guipure (translucent homogeneous fabric with various embroideries);
- alencon (embroidery of flowers on a mesh lace fabric).
Features of Lace Fabric
Lace curtains have the following positive characteristics:
- Great appearance. In the living room, lace can emphasize the solemn atmosphere, and in the bedroom it will help to create an atmosphere of intimacy and privacy.
- Lace fabric perfectly diffuses light and protects the house from prying eyes from the street.
- Some types of lace drape very effectively.
- Lace fabric goes well with any material.
- Breathable and hypoallergenic.
When opting for lace curtains, consider the shortcomings: if you want to completely get rid of the sun rays in a room, then lace won’t be enough to cover the windows.
Lace Curtains in Home Interior
Thanks to its magical texture and original weaving, lace always looks festive. Therefore, lace curtains were also hung for an aesthetic purpose.
In modern times, the purpose of lace curtains has not changed. The technique of their processing and all kinds of modern means of textile decoration have turned lace curtains into a full-fledged window dressing that will not only scatter light, but, if needed, completely hide the home environment from the street.
Lace curtains can be a separate textile unit or part of a luxurious textile kit. Lace looks good in combination with dense massive curtains made of velvet or velour. Satin glossy curtains with a lambrequin-shell give more lightness and airiness to lace curtains.
Pleated curtains made of lace fabric look original. Thanks to its design, such textiles will decorate not only the windows of the hall or bedroom, but also perfectly fit into the interior of a small-sized kitchen.
If you are looking for a quick and reliable way to give a room an atmosphere of softness and comfort, then lace curtains will definitely bring beauty and elegance to your home.