It is a serious medical condition affecting male’s specifically older adults and is characterized by the inability of a man to sustain or achieve an erection.
It is commonly known as impotence. The prevalence of erectile dysfunction is Australia is estimated to be 40 percent.
The causes for erectile dysfunction are older age, comorbidities, obesity, diabetes, cardiopulmonary conditions, hypertension and the use of certain medications.
Erectile dysfunction occurs as a result of deficit blood supply to the penile blood vessel or the inability of the penile muscles to relax.
Medication for erectile dysfunction:
Medicines with the following trade names are commonly available in Australia. To get all these solutions easily,.
- Priligy: Its chemical name is dapoxetine and should be used with great caution.
- Viagra: It is also called sildenafil and is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor drug that causes vasodilation to improve circulation to penis.
- Kamagra jelly: Itbis the jelly form of viagra that makes it easy to swallow.
- Levitra:Vardenafil or levitra is also a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor and improves blood flow to the penis.
- Cialis: Its chemical name is tadalafil and it also improves circulation.
- Apacalis: It is the jelly form of cialis for ease of swallowing.
Baldness: Commonly known as hair loss is the condition when there is extensive hair fall from the scalp or any part of the body due to medication, genetics or any medical illness.
The medical term for hair loss is alopecia. It can occur permanently or temporarily. The permanent hair loss is also called scarring alopecia that characterises the absence of hair follicles in the scalp. In this condition the scalp appears shiny.
The temporary type of baldness is also called nonscarring alopecia in which there are still some hair follicles present that can be used for regrowth of hairs over the scalp.
Treatment for male baldness:
Some of the commonly available medication is Australia for male pattern baldness are,
- Minoxidil: It is available in the form of lotion in Australia, and helps in regrowth.
- Finasteride: It can be found in the form of tablets in Australia, and it stops hair loss as well as improves regrowth.
- Spironolactone: This is also used in Australia for baldness.
Baldness causes erectile dysfunction: myth or fact?
No, baldness itself does not cause erectile dysfunction, but the medications that are used for baldness have anti androgenic properties that cause a reduction in sexual desires in men and are a cause for erectile dysfunction in Australian men. Buy viagra 100mg Australia to get proper relief from ED.
Which medicine mostly causes erectile dysfunction?
Finasteride is the medicine that is known to cause sexual problems in men including erectile dysfunction.
In Australia it is sold with the brand name propecia.
This drug is used for prostate cancer in men and also used in a small amount to treat male pattern baldness.
Finasteride is an anti androgenic drug and is believed to block the male hormones called testosterone and reduce the amount of semen production in men.
How to stop it?
Erectile dysfunction due to taking finasteride will go away once the person stops taking the medication.
However in some rare cases permanent erectile dysfunction is seen, there are still more chances of recovery after discontinuation of the drug.
Some people take a long time to recover while others recover faster, the speed of recovery towards a normal erection depends wholly on the individual patient’s condition.
- All of the medications for baldness should be taken with great care as all have side-effects.
- Always discontinue a medicine after consultation with your doctor.
- Overdose should be avoided.
- Always inform your doctor if drugs are causing any sexual dysfunction that you perceive.