Time is something Melburnians lack. Work, family, projects, and social life can swallow up the whole day, the whole week, even.
As a result, when it is time to move from your rental, you cannot squeeze in enough time to get your whole belongings packed and stored. This is a common problem that we face every six months to a year.
Then, what is the best solution? The best solution would be renting storage units that move with you. How does that work?
Stay with us and find out!
Mobile Storage Explained
Mobile storage units are storage containers that you can use to store pretty much anything. These units are made with quality steel that can withstand weather exposure and protect your belongings from dust and vermin.
Therefore, they are highly versatile and can be used for;
- Seasonal storage
Other than that, mobile storage has four specific services that you can choose from. They are;
- Mobile serviced storage, where the company does the delivery, loading, and storing for you. With this service, you don’t have to do anything other than make a phone call.
- Mobile self storage. This one is a little different with the serviced storage. The company will still deliver and store the unit for you, but you have to load it yourself.
- Onsite self storage suits you if you want access to your container. The company will send a container to you, and you will load it and store it in your premises.
- Shipping container hire is a service useful for people who need bigger storage containers. The containers range from 20 ft to 40 ft long.
How It Saves Your Time
The working word here is ‘mobile’. That means the containers can move around. Of course, it is not you who moves them around. The company will do that for you.
They will deliver the storage unit to your place, load it, and store it for you. Because of this system, you don’t have to waste time driving a rental truck to and from your destination.
Plus, this service only needs you to unload your belongings once. This is because the container will be delivered to you and can be unloaded in your new backyard.
Really efficient, isn’t it?
How It Saves Your Money
You must be wondering exactly how many dollars you have to spend for these mobile storage units. Believe it or not – compared to self-storage facilities – they are actually cheap. In fact, these affordable mobile storage units can be up to 50% cheaper.
They suit you who need to keep your budget in check.
Here is the pricing breakdown;
- 6ft containers, the smallest. It can fit 2 bedrooms worth of furniture and cost $22.95 per week.
- 8ft containers can fit 2.5 bedrooms worth of furniture. The standard price for 8ft is $24.95 per week
- 10ft containers, standard size for fitting 3 bedrooms worth of goods. This unit cost $34.95 per week.
- 20ft containers, the largest, cost $59.95 a week. It can fit the furniture of a 3-4 bedroom house.
To make it easier for you, mobile storage units companies usually don’t have a fixed term contract. That way, you can pay for exactly how long you rent, not less, not more.
Another thing to note is the complementary protection. A good storage company will give you packing boxes, packing papers, bubble wrap, and furniture blankets for free.
Therefore, if you choose wisely, you don’t have to spend on boxes and bubble wraps.
Mobile storage units are the modern solution for a problem Melburnians constantly face. They are versatile, affordable, and time-saving. Plus, they can store pretty much anything.
Therefore, you can move easier without worry and without upsetting your busy schedule.