Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (MH SET) Exam 2021 will be conducted by the Savitribai Phule University for the posts of Assistant Professors in the universities/ colleges of Maharashtra and Goa on 26th Sept. 2021. It is conducted once a year in 32 subjects from the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Mental, Moral and Social Sciences Education and Physical Education.
Here we are discussing the 3 month study plan for MH SET 2021 exam to help you execute your preparations accordingly for score better marks in the upcoming MH SET 2021 exam.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of MH SET Exam 2021
Every candidate needs to understand the exam pattern and the syllabus of the subject thoroughly before starting with the Maharashtra SET preparation. The MH SET exam 2021 will be conducted in offline mode in two sessions without a break in between. The two sessions are conducted as under:
|SESSION||PAPER||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||DURATION|
All the questions are compulsory and carry 2 marks each, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The syllabus of Paper I is common for candidates belonging to different subjects and it consists of:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- English Comprehension
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
Five questions are asked from each of the above topics carrying two marks each.
Paper II is based on the overall syllabus of the Master’s level of the particular subject. For Maharashtra SET preparation, the candidates need to have a thorough knowledge of the different topics of their post-graduation syllabus.
Maharashtra SET preparation
To discuss theMaharashtra SET 2021 preparation strategy, we will be discussing a three months study plan for the exam. In this study plan, the subject for Paper II is taken as Commerce. The candidates can substitute the topics according to their subjects and also adjust the topics according to their area of interest and knowledge of the various topics.
Maharashtra SET 2021 preparation strategy- 3 Month Study Plan
|Week 1-2||Paper I|
● Teaching Aptitude
● Research Aptitude
● Accounting and Auditing
● Legal Aspects of Business
|End of Week 2||Take at least 2 tests for each of the chapters completed.|
|Week 3-5||Paper I|
● English Comprehension
● Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
● Income Tax and Corporate Tax Planning
● Marketing Management
|End of Week 5||Take 2 tests each for chapters completed in these two weeks and one test each for the chapters completed in the earlier weeks.|
|Week 6-8||Paper I|
● Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
● Logical Reasoning
● Data Interpretation
● Business Environment and International Business
● Business Management and Human Resource Management
|End of Week 8||Take 2 tests each for chapters completed in these two weeks and one test each for the chapters completed in the earlier weeks.|
|Week 9-11||Paper II|
● Business Finance
● Business Economics
● Banking and Financial Institutions
|End of Week 11||Take 2 tests each for chapters completed in these two weeks and one test each for the chapters completed in the earlier weeks.|
|Week 12||Paper I|
● People, Development and Environment
● Higher Education System
● Business Statistics and Research Methods
|End of Week 12||Solve two mock test papers.|
|Week 13||Go through the whole syllabus of both Paper I and Paper II. Also, solve two mock test papers and two previous year question papers.|
|Exam Day||Perform your best.|
MH SET exam study tips
For Maharashtra SET preparation, the candidates need to need to follow the given MH SET exam study tips which will help them be fully prepared for their exam:
- Gather all the required study materials- The first step of the Maharashtra SET 2021 preparation strategy is to understand the syllabus and gather the required study materials accordingly. It is better to study the different units of Paper II from the respective subject books for an in-depth understanding of the concepts of all the topics and then go for a book consisting of the overall syllabus to revise the topics studied and test their grasp over the subjects by solving the questions provided in these books.
- Make a timetable and set daily targets- The candidates also need to make a daily timetable and make a habit of studying for at least 8 to 10 hours a day with breaks in between. They should also set daily targets as these targets will help them in studying for long hours.
- Focus on your strengths- The candidates should first complete the topics they are good at as all the topics in MH SET exam generally have an equal weightage, so if the students are well-versed with certain topics, they will surely score well. After completing the topics, they are good at, the candidates should move on to the topics they are weak at and give more time to understand these topics.
- DO NOT ignore Paper I-Some students tend to focus only on their subject paper and completely ignore Paper I. Candidates should avoid this practice as this paper only increases your chance to score more. The topics of Paper I are comparatively easy to understand and it helps the students pass the cut-off. The best books for preparation of Paper I are NTA UGC – NET/SET/JRF Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude, KVS Madaan, UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude, Arihant Publications, and Oxford NTA UGC Paper I for NET/SET/JRF, Harpreet Kaur, Oxford University Press.
- Make short notes-One of the most important MH SET exam study tips is to always make short notes, especially for those topics which include several formulae. The candidates should note down all the important points and formulae in one notebook so that it is easier for them to revise them in the last week.
- Solve mock test papers-The candidates should solve as many mock test papers and previous year papers as possible because practicing these questions help the candidates in understanding their mistakes and correcting and keeping them in mind while giving the exam. The candidates can easily get a number of mock test papers and previous year question papers on various educational websites.
Best of Luck