Accidents occur. But there’s hardly any stain worse than bloodstain on upholstery. Blood is the toughest stain to tackle. Bloodstains must be removed promptly, or else, it could leave a long-term stain on these surfaces of your upholstery. For sure, you would not want that to happen on your couch, would you? Therefore, our experts have decided to help us put together this guide to provide tips for upholstery cleaning Gold Coast.
Method for Couch Cleaning to Remove Blood Stains:
Success in eliminating blood stains from your couch is a matter of eliminating the stains as soon as possible. But, before trying out any of the following techniques, be sure to test the stain-removing solution on an area, which will not be seen to ensure that you will not cause damage anywhere that is mainly visible.
Step 1: Making use of a dry, clean, cloth, blot up as much of the stain as early as possible to keep the blood from getting deeper into the sofa.
Step 2: Later, soak up the cold water with a clean and dry cloth directly. On the stain to further eliminate blood from the couch. Don’t put warm water on the stain as it can help it to settle.
Step 3: Blot up a clean, dry cloth with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide and soak it onto the stain. This must cause a reaction with the blood and will begin to foam. Endure blotting till the foam subsides.
Step 4: Clean the stained area by soaking a clean cloth with cold water. Rub it in a circular motion and ensure not to scrub the upholstery, or else the stains sets in.
Step 5: If the stain is noticeable, repeat steps 3 and 4 until the stain has vanished. Then, you will want to place a dry cloth on the area to soak up the extra dampness.
Different Types of Couch:
Before we get to the procedure, it is crucial to take a look at what type of upholstery you will be treating. This is because every fabric requires a different type of treatment.
- Polyester – easy to clean, durable, low to moderate abrasion resistance
- Olefin – easy to clean, very durable, colour fadeless
- Nylon – easy to clean, durable, high abrasion resistance
- Wool – difficult to clean, not very stain-resistant
- Rayon – low-moisture cleaning, not very durable
- Acrylic – easy to clean, very durable,
- Cotton – tricky to clean, not fade-resistant
- Leather – easy to clean
The best thing with leather is that in the majority of cases, you can just cleanse the stain if it has not yet dried.
Always check the manufacturing instructions on your upholstered furniture and pay attention to it. This is crucial to maintain your home décor in good condition. If bloodstain is dried, we recommend you call our professional couch cleaner to give you a helping hand. In this way, you could help save doing permanent damage to your couch.
Method of Upholstery Cleaning in Gold Coast:
- Now that you know the main qualities of the fabrics, it is time to get to the main portion – how to clean blood stains from the sofa. Here are a few tips:
- If the bloodstains have dried even before you have noticed them, it may be a good idea to get an old toothbrush. Lightly brush away the dried remains without applying much pressure. Do not scrub it deep into the fabric.
- Then, wash the area with cold water. Blood is a protein stain, so be sure to use cold water only.
- If in any event, you are not able to perform the previous step due to moisture-sensitive fabric, grow an absorbent cloth or sponge. Soak them in cold water and dab the affected portion to eradicate as much of the stain as possible.
- Then, take some cold water and soda water and make a solution of the two. Take a clean cloth and endure soaking in the affected part.
- Repeat the previous step until it the stain vanishes completely.
- Rinse out your cloth and keep dabbing in a circular motion. If required, repeat the step a few times.
- Once there are no traces of the stain left, clean it with cold water and rinse out the area using a clean white cloth.
click here for more articles