Most cleaning contractors around the world will tell you that cleaning franchises belong to a recession proof, which is very importance if one looks at the uncertain times we live in. This is a naturally understandable fact since janitorial services are important for every industry under the sun, and will remain so forever. After all, can any of us really live without appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness? The only difference that recession can make to this industry is to the prices charged by every franchise.
Price is a very important factor
Every company or individual looks at paying a reasonable price for janitorial services. For a which can work as per low prices, it will be able to able to undercut the market with cutting edge cleaning services. Therefore, the owner of a cleaning franchise must pay a lot of attention to his or her pricing models.
Owning cleaning franchises is all about getting business from companies that constantly outsource their cleaning needs. Companies will come to your franchise if you are able to offer highly efficient and affordable cleaning procedures, and will agree to sign your company up for a long term contract. Various parameters hold the key to the success of a cleaning franchise, and following environment friendly procedures is one of them.
Every cleaning franchise works by taking the business of a larger company forward. When it makes a name for itself in the janitorial services field, it is the brand of the bigger company which gains a positive reputation. At the same time, the franchise is able to take leverage of the large company’s janitorial resources.
Understand requirements of your target audience
A business can only make a name for itself when it correctly understands the requirements of its target audience, and the same can be said of the janitorial franchise as well. Such a franchise can make hay while the sun shines by targeting wealthy companies and individuals who have no other means of hiring the services of trustworthy cleaners. In this manner, any cleaning business can be made recession free. In comparison to the wealthy companies, smaller companies will always have different requirements.
Factors to keep in mind while starting a commercial cleaning franchise
- You would want to look at a reasonable budget while looking to start a cleaning franchise
- It would be helpful for you to get help with respect to administrative tasks from the company that helps you start the franchise, so that you can devote maximum attention to your customers
- Once the initial investment, you will need to look for ways to train your staff. The company that gives you the franchise should help you with the same.
- You must be given a turnkey business model which works well even without experience
- Companies that give you the franchise may be in a position to give you some customers
- You should get the flexibility and the freedom to grow the business when you are ready
A cleaning franchise is capable of generating tremendous money for you. While you will responsible for customer retention, billing, account administration and account management, you will be able to take a major share of the attached royalties. However, before you purchase a franchise, it would be helpful if you could look at the following parameters:
- How much time has the cleaning franchise been in business? Does it have a cleaning industry background or was it part of a different industry? Tall claims such as “We are the 2nd largest” and “fastest growing” should never be believed.
- Do they really want to help you build a business? While some are genuine and wish to see you as a successful business operator, there are others who would take away the franchise after a complaint and then sell it to a different franchisee, making more money in the bargain. Therefore, make sure you do your homework.
- Can the company finance your investment, and if yes, then at what rates? Would they considering paying a part of the startup costs and franchise fees? If you can afford it, do not hesitate to pay a high franchise fee for a better equipped business model.
- Find out about what monthly royalty fees you would be paying over a period of time
- Are they any pending legal actions against the franchisor?
Of course, it is not every one of the above parameters is sacrosanct. You will always find certain variations in the business models of franchises, with pending legal actions being the most common. However, it does not necessarily mean that every cleaning company with a pending case is an unattractive one; just about every company is in a similar situation. After all, even if the best advice is given, you must investigate the opportunity closely.