If due to your own negligence you get harmed at work you will be considered a swindler or fraud if you are trying to milk compensation off your employers. But if you are not to blame for the injury suffered, then your company owes you the obligation of paying a fair compensation but if they deem it unnecessary, reach out to Orange County workers compensation lawyer today.
To get your fair compensation, it is important to hire the service of not just any lawyer but the best possible lawyer. Let’s see a quick illustration, imagine you work with a multibillion dollar company who has refused to honour your claim for work injury compensation. In your opinion is it better to hire a random lawyer around the block or someone who has dealt with cases like that before?
Did you just say the latter? Great. But how will you know if your prospect is indeed the best choice for you, anyone can market themselves as the best.
Without much ado, let’s get started on how you can employ the best work injury compensation lawyer.
- You can’t go wrong with referrals. To find a suitable work injury lawyer, ask your friends, family and colleagues at work for recommendations. Check with anyone of your close friends if they have engaged the service of a lawyer for the sake of getting compensation from their employer.
- A simple google search could make all the difference. Thanks to the advent of the internet it is now easy to get information on lawyers that are near you who are engaged in getting compensation for workers. A simple search like “top work injury lawyers near me” will give you a list of attorneys you can work with.
- Make an appointment with your shortlisted candidates: Once you have a list of the possible lawyers you can work with request for an appointment with them. During the meeting, ask them questions that cut across their years of experience, how they charge for the service, their success rate and how they think they can help you.
It is always in your best interest if the law firm operates a contingency payment plan that is based on actually getting you compensation from your employer.
- Look for the law firm’s online footprint: if an attorney does not have a website in this age, it is a red flag, maybe they are quite effective but they need to have a website to show they are up-to-date and can make use of technology in their investigation.
- What are others saying about them: No law firm operates in a vacuum and unless they are just starting out they have most likely taken up cases of others in the past and according to research people will most likely talk about their experience be it good or bad. Look out for these reviews, compare the experience of these people against what the law firm has stated in their meeting with you.
- It is best for you to work with someone who treats your case as important as they’d treat a multimillion dollar case. Your attorney should maintain a positive attitude and work hard on your behalf. While it can be difficult to judge personality during an initial consultation, trust your gut. Ask a lot of questions to get a feel for how that particular lawyer operates and whether it meshes with your own needs and goals.
These are important guides that will help you in securing a lawyer that will help you get a fair compensation, although it does not stop the pain of the injury but at least it is better than not receiving anything for your pain.