Gone are the days of working for the same company for decades on the promise of an eventual reward. Today’s workers are interested in what a company can do for them right now. With that in mind, how do you find dedicated and driven employees in the age of job-hopping?
Be The Best
The first way to attract employees who will stick around is to be outstanding at what you do. The best people want to work for the best companies. So how can you stand out from your competition?
- Create a company culture based on individual and group success.
- Offer superior products and services to your customers.
- Craft a reputation for giving 110% at everything you do.
- Live up to your promises and guarantees.
- Encourage employees to work in a way that allows them to be the most productive. Offer flexibility when possible.
- Prioritize that everyone involved in your company has a good experience, not just the customers.
- Make it known that you care about your employees and customers as individuals, not just numbers on a page
Working for a company that’s known for being exceptional reflects well on an employee. The better you are, the more qualified candidates you’ll attract.
Rethink Your Recruiting
Your time is precious, and there are surely better ways you can spend it than hunting through a pile of applications for a hidden treasure. It’s time to rethink your recruiting.
- Hire a company that specializes in making the right decisions about the application process.
- They’ll do the searching and present you with the best applicants that applied.
- This will save you time by narrowing the number of applicants you have to research and interview.
- Once appropriate applicants have been found, bring other team members in on the interview.
- Having several people observe an interviewee can help you determine if they’ll fit in with your company’s culture.
- Offer a trial period where the potential employee can experience what a normal day is like working for your company.
Streamline your hiring process so you can weed out unqualified applicants and find your ideal candidate without wasting time.
Pick Good Perks
Perks can help sell your company to an un-decided applicant. They’re a chance to stand out from similar businesses, show that you appreciate your employees, and improve retention. So what perks should you offer?
- Offer comprehensive healthcare plans.
- Partner with a retirement investment plan.
- Allow for more personal and vacation time.
- Pay a competitive wage.
- Offer flexible scheduling.
- Let employees who don’t need to be in the office work from home.
- If your employees won’t be interacting with customers in person, relax the dress code.
- Give out bonuses or raises to employees who are meeting your metrics.
When you’re competing for talented individuals, you want to stack the deck in your favor. Perks can be a perfect way.
You can teach skills and you can train talent, but you can’t change character. When choosing a new person to work for and represent your company, choose character. That means choosing an employee who is:
- An honest human.
- Loyal to your company and their own personal standards.
- Filled with integrity.
- A dependable person.
- A hardworking individual.
- Able to adapt to the values of your company.
- Capable of calling out behavior in themselves and others that compromise your company’s values and goals.
Choosing someone with good character for your company is important because it has a ripple effect. One good character encourages another, and soon they encourage your whole business.
Putting these practices into place will allow you to attract and hire dedicated and driven employees in 2021 and the future.