The emergence of digital marketing has completely transformed the modern marketing scenario. It has offered businesses and organizations out there with equal opportunities to promote themselves and their respective brands at a global level. That’s why it’s important to track the impact of digital marketing. Read on as we explore how digital marketing has transformed consumer behavior.
The overall impact of digital marketing is not limited to businesses only. The type of information that it offers has entirely transformed the manner in which consumers tend to connect with multiple brands. Moreover, it might be hard to understand, but brands are nowadays realizing that the change is happening. As such, they are required to bring about the transformation while adapting to the consumer-centric services accordingly. Digital consumers today have the potential to alter current competition along with new players in any given industry.
Digital Marketing and Consumer Behavior
The internet serves to be a game-changer in several aspects. Almost in every aspect of modern life, there is some practical incorporation of the internet and its services in one way or the other.
Let us know about some of the deeper impacts of digital marketing on the overall consumer behavior in the modern era:
- Shopping Behavior has Changed: One of the biggest changes in consumer behavior due to the implementation of digital marketing is that modern consumers tend to expect a highly personalized and consistent shopping experience throughout. They are not behaving as loyal customers any more. In addition to the overall quality of products, the overall post-purchase experience has become equally vital to the customers out there.
The given change in the consumers’ behaviors has been made possible with organizations that are actively promoting the respective products & services through the digital marketing platform.
- High Customer Engagement is Expected: The overall role of digital as well as social media marketing has now become highly crucial. With high-end social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and others, consumers now have the ability to change the overall course of brands. Word of Mouth still remains one of the biggest determining factors for influencing consumer behavior. The given phenomenon further gets reinforced by comments or likes.
- Consumers prefer Personalized Content: So, how are you going to interact and engage with the target audience? Digital marketing experts reveal that personalization serves to one of the leading market trends that modern marketers can look forward to incorporating. In other words, it can be said that you should aim at knowing your audience and speaking to the specific requirements, aspirations, and concerns.
As you make use of relevant data for informing content and digital ads, it can help in the creation of bespoke experiences that tend to be highly relevant. At the same time, these experiences also happen to be quite distinct from the ones that are being offered by competing brands. Personalization not only helps marketers in holding the attention of the respective target audience, but it can also ultimately help in inspiring brand loyalty.
- Consumers love Voice Searches: As per a recent study report, it has been revealed that around one in every four houses in the United States is known to be equipped with a smart speaker with Wi-Fi connection. Moreover, another study report reveals that almost half of the entire online searches are going to be performed with the help of voice searches by the time of 2021.
The advent of smart speakers and mobile-based voice search capabilities indicates that consumers are now accessible to a completely new way of interacting with the respective brands. This also implies that brands nowadays have access to major opportunities when it comes to optimizing results as well as content for voice search for making the most number of individuals who are now utilizing this technology.
- Artificial Intelligence employed to build Smarter Customer Relationships: As per the reports from a leading content intelligence platform, some organizations are developing apps that enable users to take photographs of the object and search for the same in the marketplace. The given processes are impossible without the utilization of advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning.
To the given list, let us include chatbots, improved voice search results, and e-commerce targeting. With these leading technologies and applications, an all-new world of digital marketing opportunities is known to open. As organizations continue optimizing the respective approach to online marketing, visual & voice search are going to continue taking the center stage. You can find many sales tools to grow your business like limecall.
- Consumer Respond better to Video Marketing than Traditional Marketing: Studies have reported that around 65 to 85 percent of end consumers are more likely to buy a product or service featuring in-depth video representation. This helps in establishing some sort of personal connection with the purchasers with the help of video marketing as the core component of the future of digital marketing.
To leverage the overall potential of video marketing, organizations don’t need to break the bank. Using an easy video editing tool can deliver creative results that excite users. Clipchamp is a leading video editing tool that allows you to create stunning and highly engaging videos for your brand on the go. It offers access to a wide range of specialized video editing tools as well as features to create bespoke videos that deliver your brand’s message effectively.
- Consumers are Excited about Virtual Reality: The advent of modern VR or Virtual Reality technologies has made the ecommerce vendors to display the respective products or services with immersive detailing – almost comparable to real-life experiences. The integration of augmented reality and virtual reality in the context of digital marketing can help users to visualize themselves making use of the given product instantly while providing a unique to interact with customers.
Digital marketing has definitely changed consumer behavior and expectations. Brands that are still using traditional marketing methods should adapt and transform how they operate to being consumer-centric in order to stay relevant and preferred by their consumers.