Dr. Ashwani Maichand, M.B.B.S, MS (Orthopaedics), M Ch (Orthopaedics) is one of India’s leading Orthopedic Surgeons, who has performed a broad range of surgeries in the specific sectors including hip replacements, complex primary hip replacements, and revision hip arthroplasties using the Minimally Invasive Approach and soft tissue handling. With over 30 years of experience, he has performed more than 6,000 Joint Replacement and Arthroscopic Surgeries and built a successful career while learning from renowned medical institutes and organizations. His skills are procured from working at the top-class medical departments of Dr. B L Kapur Memorial Hospital as a Head of Department, New Delhi, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi where he was a Clinical Associate in the Joint Replacement Unit. Also, he shared his contributions as a Hon. Consultant to the special protection group (SPG).
Presently,has coordinated with the best team of expert surgeons and Geriatric Anaesthesiologist, rehab professionals, and well-trained nursing staff at MinOmax knee and shoulder clinic in Patel Nagar. Also, he is a Sr. Consultant & Head in Minimal Access Orthopedic Surgery at the Apollo Spectra Hospital, Karol Bagh, New Delhi. His private clinic is well-renowned in providing excellent super specialty services to orthopedic patients at an affordable cost. The clinic caters with the world-class treatment facilities to the patients of almost all regions of Delhi & NCR.
Dr. Maichand specializes in the area of:
- Primary Hip & Knee Replacement (Cemented, Non-cemented, Hybrid, Ceramic, Hi-flex)
- Revision & Complex Hip & Knee Replacement
- Minimal Access Orthopaedic Surgery (Arthroscopic Surgery, Endoscopic Spine Surgery, and Limb Salvage Surgery)
- Advanced Arthroscopic Procedures (ACL / PCL Reconstruction, Rotator Cuff Repair, Bankart’s Repair, Slap Repair, Elbow / Wrist / Ankle Arthroscopy)
- MIS Joint Replacement
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement.
- Ceramic Total Hip Replacement, and Ceramic on Poly Total Knee Replacement.
Hip Replacement Surgery Unit
At MinOmax Clinic, the patient has been provided with simpler solutions to complex hip conditions, especially when it’s related to the displacement of the hip joint due to arthritis, injury, or any chronic disease. The team of Dr. Maichand specializes in offering cemented, uncemented, and minimally invasive surgeries using advanced implants and methods. The experts will provide high-quality rehabilitation services and post-operative guidance with a customized check-up routine to those who have undergone Total Hip Replacement. The only goal of the team is striving for the faster recovery of the patient.
About Minimal Access Orthopedic Surgery
It is the branch of Modern Orthopedics that requires to be performed by an endoscope or a small incision. MinOmax is one of Delhi’s first clinic to launch the super especially branch of the Orthopedic surgery that is done for the specific procedures including :
- Joint Replacement (MIS)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
- Arthroscopy & Sports Injuries
A Brief about Hip Replacement Surgery
While performing hip replacement surgery, the damaged portions of the pelvis and femur are removed and replaced from the artificial implants. After the surgery, the patient gets relieved from excruciating pain and stiffness caused by arthritis. Well, today the surgery is considered the best solution in treating severe injuries, including the broken or improper growing hip.
Who needs hip replacement?
People who have severe arthritis may experience severe hip pain that cannot be relieved by medications and affects daily life activities, including walking, and proper sleep. With time, the patient may undergo stiffness that restricts easy motion.
If you have these arthritis symptoms, you should consider a hip replacement:
Other indicators that lead you’re orthopedic to recommend for the surgical practices;
- Hip Injury due to accident
- Sports Injury
- Inflammation and Swelling that restrain movement
- Excessive pain in the hip
- Labral Tear
- Snapping hip Syndrome
Preparation before the Hip Replacement Surgery
Usually, the patient has to go for the diagnostic examination, which may require a simple X-rays examination. For the patient and its caretaker few instructions need to be followed as mentioned;
- Open discussion about the previous medical history with the doctor and surgeons
- Perform all the recommended pre-test
- A presence of the attendant on the day of the surgery
- Arrange, walker, crutches, or wheelchair for the patient for the purposes.
The patient will be shifted to the recovery area for the few hours of observations, till the anesthesia will be completely off the body. Blood pressure, pulses, pain, or comfort level, alertness will be monitored under the surgeons’ team. Also, the patient will be required to stay for 2 to 3 days for the post-surgery recovery practices that include exercise training, medication instructions, and physical therapy.
- Physical therapy is a must to follow until the advised time.
- Regular activity and exercise is vital to gain strength and flexibility
- Arrange everything at waist level to avoid bending down or reach up
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Go for the regular check-ups.