We all know the Heart is one of the largest organs of the body. Without this organ, our body can’t function and is hollow. And we also knew about the term “Heart Attack” but Are we aware of its causes, symptoms, and treatments?
Yes, some of you might be aware and some maybe not. If you want to know about its causes, symptoms, and treatments then this article may be helpful to you. But before that let’s know-how Heart Attack occur.
Table of Contents
What is a Heart Attack?
A Heart Attack occurs when something blocks the blood flow to your heart so it can’t get the oxygen it needs. The other name of Heart Attack is “Myocardial Infarctions”. “Myo” means muscle, “cardial” refers to the heart, and “infarction” refers to the death of tissue because of the absence of blood supply. If a large portion of the heart is damaged, the heart stops beating, resulting in death.
What causes a Heart Attack?
Most heart attacks occur when the atherosclerotic plaque lining the artery fractures. Blood then forms a clot on the harmed artery, which may partially or completely obstruct blood flow.
The following are the factors that cause Heart Attacks: –
- Lack of Oxygen in the blood: – If levels of oxygen in the blood decrease due to a loss of normal lung function, the heart will receive un-oxygenated blood and this results in the heart muscles being damaged, triggering a heart attack.
- Diabetes: – Diabetes can cause your body’s blood sugar levels to rise, increasing your risk of a heart attack.
- Angina: – Causes chest pain due to lack of oxygen or blood supply to the heart.
- Smoking: –Smokers are at much higher risk than the one who is not smoking.
- Heart Surgery: –Heart surgery can lead to a heart attack later on.
- Stress: – This is one of the main cause, where workers have stressful jobs can face higher heart attack risk.
- Illicit drug use: – With tonic use of drugs, can trigger a spasm of your coronary arteries that can cause a heart attack.
- High blood pressure (Hypertension): – High blood pressure can damage arteries that lead to your heart over time. This is also a major factor for the cause of heart attack.
- High Cholesterol level: – High Cholesterol can increase the chance of blood clots in the arteries.
Heart attacks more likely cause when a man is over 45 age and a woman is over 55 age. One cause of heart attack is “Reusing Cooking Oil”. Now you might be thinking that How this reason can cause a heart attack? The answer is that Reusing Oil can create free radicals, which cause disorder in the long-run. These free -radicals can cause cancer and also atherosclerosis that can lead to an increase in bad cholesterol levels and blocking the arteries. Even You can extract 100% pure oil at home with the help of shreeja oil maker machine.
What is the Sign & Symptoms of Heart Attack?
The first thing is Heart Attack symptoms vary because not all people who have heart attacks have the same symptoms. Some people can suffer from mild pain and some have severe pain.
As per Lindita Coku MD some heart attacks bang suddenly, but many people have signs or symptoms that indicate in hours, day or weeks in advance. The earliest warning might be recurrent chest pain.
Regular heart attacks signs and symptoms are as follows: –
- Pressure, tightness, pain, or aching sensation in your chest or arms that may spread to your neck, jaw, or back.
- Nausea, indigestion, heartburn, or abdominal pain.
- Shortness of breath.
- Cold sweat.
- Light-headedness or sudden dizziness.
So above are the symptoms of heart attacks.
Treatments during Heart Attack
It is crucial that a person’s survival depends largely on how quickly they reach the hospital. The quicker the operation will be the greater the chances of success. Consult your doctor about reducing the chances of a heart attack such as quitting smoking, staying active physically, etc.
Tips for Heart Attack Prevention
A few heart-friendly diet practices include:
- Eating more fruits and vegetables as they are low in calories and rich in dietary fibers.
- Consumption of Low calorie and high nutrient food keeps obesity under check.
- People must limit the consumption of pre-packaged food as they contain high levels of trans fats and salt content.
- A mixture of heart-healthy oils such as olive, canola, vegetable, and nut oil must be consumed.
- Consumption of alcohol should be reduced as it can further increase heart disease risks.
After the heart attack, your goal is to keep your heart healthy. Besides regular heart checkups, you can focus on the cooking oils which you are using. Now Why cooking oil? Because there are two types of cooking oils such as Refined Oils and Unrefined Oils. Refined oils are unsatisfactory which can lead you to severe diseases because it is extracted by using chemical methods. Unrefined oils can protect you from severe diseases because it does not involve chemical methods.