In this modern time, looking for jobs or posting jobs is no longer old-school. Gone are those days of searching for jobs in newspaper ads or on posters or fliers. The internet including social media platforms is now the main venue for searching and posting jobs. In Singapore, which is also a country that embraces modern technology, opportunities are available on job portals. Part-time, full-time, and jobs for students are all available. If you have the skillsets companies are looking for and positions where your skills would be of good advantage, then it is easy for you to land the job of your dreams.
Because of this scheme, there is a lot of competition for positions. More and more people are searching for jobs through the online portal which is why you need to get ahead of the game. Here are some tips for jobseekers, especially those who search for job openings through online portals.
- Do not procrastinate. If you are thinking of applying for a job posting or a position offered by a company that you think you would be a right fit, do not wait tomorrow or later to do it. Apply as soon as possible. If you procrastinate, others who are eyeing the position might steal the chance from you. Again, you have a lot of competition, and if you do not get ahead, you will lose your chance.
- Work out your resume and cover letter. Your resume must be professional and contain all the essential details employers are looking for. Build your resume and cover letter in such as way that will display that you are the best person for the position you are applying for. This is crucial because sometimes employers are the ones hunting for candidates for positions available in their company.
- Make your searches specific. When you look into jobs, narrow them down into particular positions that you think meet the job qualifications. For example, if you have training or idea on virtual assistance, then search for VA jobs, or if you are into freelance writing, then put freelance writing on your search.
- Subscribe to job alerts so that you have the latest updates on job openings.
- Filter your social media accounts. There is a possibility that recruiters will do a background check by looking at your social media accounts. You can make a private profile and add a professional profile. You need to put your best foot forward.
- Search from credible job portals. Among those Best Job Portals In Singapore are the following:
- WorkClass is a blue-collar job portal that helps job seekers, find a position within a day. They offer jobs from various industries like Customer Service, Manufacturing, and F & B to name a few. With over 30 thousand jobs available, it is impossible not to close a position.
- FastJobs is a mobile app that provides non-executive job opportunities in Singapore. They offer part-time, full-time, and contract jobs.
- SnatchJobs provides jobs in the Information Technology, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Admin, and Sales sectors to name a few. The candidates of this job portal are usually part-timers.
- GrabJobs is a hiring automation platform that makes job-seeking and hiring candidates easier. Most applicants are from the blue-collar industry or those who are willing to work part-time.
- LinkedIn is the most popular and biggest job portal around the globe. It is designed for new jobseekers and for those who aspire to have full-time careers. You have the opportunity to search for jobs even in countries outside your residence. Among the applicants on LinkedIn are white-collar workers.
There are many other local and worldwide job portals like JobCentral and JobStreet. If you like, you can search in all of them for more chances of getting hired. Just keep pushing and do not stop until you have reached your goal.