DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an error which indicates a non-existent domainname. In other provisions, the DNS cannot find the IP address corresponding to the domain name. Thus, users get this error onand are unable to reach the site they’re trying to get. Experts note that this issue could seem due to DNS misconfiguration or faulty Web settings in your computer.
However, this issue may disturb Windows, Mac or Android OS users. When a thing is wrong with the Web or DNS settings, Chrome might display a gray window with these messages:
This site can’t be reached
Www.specific-domain.com’s host DNS address couldn’t be found.
This webpage is not accessible
However, in some instances, the origin of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error window is computer’s laptop’s or smartphone’s firewall. It may be blocking the website from loading. In this case, you’ll have to modify your system’s DNS settings to connect Google Public DNS. This time, the error gives another message:
The server at 0. Docs.domain.com can’t be seen because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a site’s name to its Web address. This error is most frequently caused by having no link to the Web or a misconfigured network. It can also be brought on by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the system.
Luckily, the problem isn’t tough to eliminate. You can fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on Windows, Mac and Android devices. Our team has ready instructions below.
Fixing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Issue on Google Chrome
According to the researchers, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error might seem on Windows, Android and Mac operating systems. Likewise, it’s evident that the very same solutions will not operate on various OS.
First and the simplest measure to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is cleaning upgrading and cache Google Chrome to the default settings.
You are able to see our movie regarding the”DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” and its removal. You could even follow our step-by-step tutorial.
How to Get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN message from Windows
Method 1: Change TCP/IP4 proxy settings
- Open”Network and Sharing Centre”;
- Select”Change adapter configurations “;
- Locate to your Network Connection provider in”Local Area Connection” or”Wireless Link ” and
- select”Properties” by right-clicking on the pub;
- In the newly opened window, opt for the”Internet Protocol (4 TCP/IPv4)” and click on”Properties”;
- Mark that the”Use the following DNS server addresses” option;
- Subsequently, type in 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206;
- Once you are finished with these measures, click OK and close the remaining windows.
Method 2: Reset Winsock program
Winsock handles input and output requests for Internet applications on Windows. Therefore, resetting it might help to get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN issue on Chrome:
- Open Windows search box and enter cmd.
- Right-click on the Control Prompt from the results and select Run as administrator.
- From the Command Prompt enter the following command and then click on Input :
netsh winsock reset
- Wait till Windows completes the command and restart the pc.
Method 3: Execute commands in Command Prompt
- From the search type cmd and right-click on the result.
- From the Command Prompt type the following commands and press enter after entering all these:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Disclaimer: You need to run these commands one by one.
When these commands are executed, restart your computer and check if the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN still exists on Google Chrome.
Method 4: Reset DNS Client service to fix the error
- Press Ctrl + R buttons at the same type;
- In Run window form Services.msc and press OK;
- Locate DNS Client and click it
- Select Reset.
Method 5: Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome;
- Input chrome://flags/ from the address bar and hit Input ;
- Find the “Reset to default” button and then click it
- Relaunch Chrome.
Solving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem on Mac OS X
Method 1: Change DNS settings
- Go to the Apple menu, select”Program Preferences” and click on”Network”;
- Input password (if needed to authenticate) to proceed with all the adjustments;
choose the network connection you wish to change:
- To alter Google Public DNS setting on Ethernet, click on” ” and choose”Advanced”;
- To alter wireless network settings, select”Airport” and, again, opt for the”Advanced” settings;
- If you want to replace listed addresses click +. Or, you can also add new Google IP address to the list.
- When you complete the steps, press apply and OK.
Method 2: Clear DNS cache
- Go to Programs > Utilities > Terminal.
- In the Terminal, enter these commands:
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
- Once Mac OS X executes it, then restart the computer to see if the error is solved.
Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN issue on Android
Method 1: Change DNS settings
- Press-hold your chosen network and click”Shift network. “
- Opt for the advanced options by marking the”Show advanced options” box.
- Choose”Static” next to the”IP settings.”
- Click”Save” and reconnect to the network to activate the settings.
Method 2: Flush DNS cache
If you utilize Android using a removable battery, then you have to turn off your device, remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds. Then insert the battery back and assess if DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error is now gone.
If You’re using a smartphone with a non-removable battery, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome.
- In the address box enter this address: chrome://net-internals/#DNS
- Click DNS from the left menu.
- Locate Clear server cache button and click it.
- Click the black arrow in the ideal top corner of the screen.
- From the emerged pop-up windows click Clear Cache and Flush Sockets Choices.
- Restart Chrome.
These methods should allow you to get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.
Prevent sites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that could prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from monitoring your online and allow you to stay anonymous. The program provides dedicated servers for torrenting and loading, ensuring optimum performance rather than slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming solutions without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN can be critical when it comes to consumer privacy. Online trackers for example cookies can’t only be employed by social networking platforms and other sites but also your Internet Service Provider along with the authorities. Even if you employ the most secure settings through your internet browser, you may nevertheless be tracked via apps which you’re connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers such as Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to remain completely anonymous and stop the ISP along with the authorities from spying on youpersonally, you should use Personal online Access VPN. It will permit you to connect to the net while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, in addition to malicious content. Most of all, you may stop the illegal surveillance actions that NSA and other governmental associations are performing on your back.
Recover your documents quickly
Unforeseen circumstances may occur at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can happen, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the device when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, along with other information may be lost.
Additionally, you may also be attacked by malware which may corrupt your Windows or encrypt files using a strong encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals may not deliver what they promised, however, so it’s much better to attempt alternative file retrieval methods which might allow you to recover at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is just one of the choices which could help you recover your documents. As soon as you delete a document, it does not vanish into thin air — it stays on your system as long as no new information is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for functioning copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal photos, and other crucial files.