In 2020 we by far realized how crucial is the healthcare sector. Worth 2,000 billion US dollars (2020), the healthcare industry is mushrooming every day. Likewise, in every other industry, a career in managing operations and budgeting in the healthcare sector is not only epoch-making but also can be quite a lucrative career long-term!
To permeate such a massive system, we have put together 5 decent entry level jobs in healthcare administration for you. Qualification requirements can be different for these initial jobs, some may call for an MHA degree/ bachelor’s degree while others have a school diploma or healthcare management course as a prerequisite to be eligible for the healthcare administration positions.
Also Read: [pii_email_148502ad759f50f39787] Error Code
Table of Contents
Entry Level Jobs in Healthcare Administration
You may gain enough experience through these entry-level positions to make you legally qualified for august positions in healthcare administration later.
- Healthcare Human Resource Assistant
- Healthcare Project Coordinator
- Healthcare Administrative Assistant
- Nursing Home Admin Assistant
- Medical Records Comrade
Healthcare Human Resource Assistant
Entry-level HR Assistant’s job duties/ obligations are penned around hospital/ healthcare administration. Assistants are managed by HR supervisors, directors, and healthcare HR specialists. Some of their tasks include:
- Managing employee records. They maintain employee info: job title, employee name, workers compensation, and benefits.
- Healthcare HR Assistants are also trained to help in the admin tasks like recruitment, interviewing candidates, hiring, taking part in management discussions, and filling in as a kin coherence between the employees and healthcare facility.
- While assisting hiring, HR assistants may help to confirm the applicant’s employment and his provided references or handle job postings.
- HR assistants are also involved in helping with keeping records of healthcare employee performances, terminations, absences, employee complaints, and performance reports.
Healthcare Project Coordinator
Healthcare Project Coordinator is responsible for playing a team role while initiating a plan, framing a new wing, tweaking the delivery output of workers, managing work schedules, budgeting, and related activities. Healthcare Projects’ scope revolves around emergency centers, surgery, women specialty, and care centers.
Moreover, the healthcare sector has such an immense community impact, and this entry level job contributes playing part in customer satisfaction, tracking progress, managing projects besides analyzing project risks – all of it while framing and keeping the project team motivated.
Bachelor’s degree in health administration, business administration, nursing, public health management makes one eligible for the job. However, a formal and advanced project management certification would get you a blue ribbon from the majority! Project administrators in healthcare services may face nerve-wracking circumstances. Communication, effective communication specifically, is also quite salient in this industry like any other. Scenarios can be happily or unhappily surprising, but since project management is gonna be YOUR job, it would demand significant flexibility, fine team leadership, good decision-making, and rational skills from you.
Healthcare Administrative Assistant
Admin Assistants chip in the healthcare facility to ensure tasks are running smoothly. Patience is your pill to perform this job. The majority demand a bachelor’s degree while others may embrace a GED or High School Diploma. From business administration’s educational background to medical services, this post is quite a darling entry-level job, so one may avail resume writing servicesfor resume guidance to improve their chance for this position!
In big facilities, each assistant is dedicated to one to two tasks, however, in small facilities they engage in:
- Monitoring office supplies inventory and submitting replenishment requests when needed.
- Organizes and coordinates meetings. Records meeting minutes. May arrange conference calls.
- Record maintenance of office keys, credit cards of the facility, and staff.
- MS Office documentation assignments. Maintaining computer records of patient info.
- Answer phone calls. Schedule appointments. Respond to emails.
Nursing Home Admin Assistant
1.4 million people make use of nursing homes across the US. Also referred to as Skilled Nursing Facilities, people take nursing home facilities when they require more medical attention than at home, and can’t be entertained in hospitals. Monitored by strict federal/ state laws, the skilled nursing staff offers medical care and therapies.
Nursing Home Admin Assistant follows Head Administrator. Not a degree-holder? Well, you can earn this position by a Medical/ Healthcare Administrative Assistant Certificate. Besides a certificate, an admin assistant must be an ideal blend of interpersonal and admin skills – he better practices some relevant interview tips to secure himself an admin assistant position. He partakes in:
- Consign lab results to a related technician
- Answering phone calls
- Accumulating clinical records and graphs
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining office supplies
- Addressing patients at the front desk
Medical Records Comrade/ Technician
Health Information Technician/ Medical Records Technician holds a health information tech certificate/ associate degree. Related courses include coding systems, healthcare reimbursement. They function for an organized facility ‘hospital, clinic, physician office.’ They maintain minutiae records of patients’ visits ‘medical history, patient diagnosis, and test results.’
The medical technician picks data from doctor’s notes and fills out a patient’s medical record in the facility’s database. These medical notes may be utilized in public education, research, government, and healthcare billing. Other duties include:
- Manage costs
- Active team member for accomplishing facility’s results
- Ensuring thorough visitor’s medical records
- Arranging patient’s health info
- Ensures equipment is operational
In closing, becoming a doctor/ nurse is an obvious medical facility position. Although, there are myriad other administrative and non-clinical career choices for students with healthcare administration degrees – who desire to pursue their careers in a healthcare habitat.