Breaking up is hard, but SMS marketing? Not so much. Your SMS has the power to make or break your business. As much as you might think it doesn’t matter, in today’s world, it is one of the only things that one should consider implementing to skyrocket your business.
The pandemic caused many businesses to shut down but at the same time, some businesses flourished because they adapted to those conditions. SMS marketing software helped businesses to grow. Let’s see how you as a business owner can improve your SMS marketing strategies.
In 2020, the world experienced many difficulties COVID-19 being one of them. Over time people started to adjust and follow all the guidelines issued by the governments. Business owners, on the other hand, suffered many losses due to the lockdown. In the latter part of 2020 when normalcy started to surface, business owners took this opportunity to restart operations.
Some succeeded, some failed but the important part is everyone understood the importance of SMS marketing. Here are a few reasons why SMS marketing was so important:
- The easiest and most personal way of communicating with a customer without violating social distancing guidelines is to send them an SMS.
- Every person is eager to consume information first thing after waking up in the morning and SMS is one such source of information.
- SMS Marketing campaigns boast the highest percentage of turnover in comparison to affiliate marketing, social media marketing, etc.
- On average every $1 investment that you make in SMS marketing gives you $40-50 as profit.
3 Best Strategies of SMS Marketing to Implement In 2021
- Sending SMS to your customers and potential customers regularly is a necessary task. Drafting multiple versions of SMS to cater to your audience’s needs is an important task but drafting personalized SMS is an even more time-consuming task.
- Personalizing SMS have their benefits too, like a higher conversion rate. Other brands and competitors rarely personalize their message hence making your brand stand out from the rest.
- Asking the consumer about their information is like walking on a tightrope. You need to make sure you only ask for information that you might need not what you want.
- Using a real reply-to SMS is a must because if you use anything else it eliminates the authenticity of the message. Ensure that you include your real contact details in the SMS so that potential customers can contact you.
2. SMS Responsiveness
- There is an ever-growing number of customers who use their mobile devices to open and reply to SMS’s. According to the stats, in 2020 there was a huge jump in this percentage. Currently, 96% of people use mobile devices.
- If your SMS is designed to look good on computers only it will not function properly on mobile devices, hence it will be categorized as unresponsive. You as a brand should implement this strategy as soon as possible because more than half of the current SMS sent out is only optimized for one platform
- SMS generates more than 4x revenue when compared to desktop emails. It is a known fact that more than 50% of customers buy a product or service if they receive an SMS.
- Always remember to keep the subject line short and precise. Ensure that CTA buttons should be very clear to the customer.
3. Testing Constantly
- There are many things you should test before sending out an SMS or starting a campaign. CTA buttons and subject lines are the most important factors out of everything else.
- The subject line has to be catchy and unique so that customers engage with your SMS but if you use a monotonous catchphrase it will most likely be ignored. There are hundreds of SMS’s that a person receives every day, out of which only a few handfuls are opened.
- A/B testing of subject lines is an excellent method of judging whether your campaign is a success or not. Some situations may need you to use long SMS’s whereas in other situations short SMS’s will suffice. There is only one way to find out which is perfect for the situation and that is through testing.
- You can generate more income just by changing your subject line. In the 2012 USA presidential campaign, Obama’s team managed to generate a whopping 2 million dollars extra just by tweaking subject lines.
If you want to stand out from the competition in this ruthless post-COVID world you have to implement these essential strategies as soon as possible. Maintaining these strategies over a long time is also a hurdle you have to get across if you want your business to be successful. Do not under any circumstances underestimate the opportunities SMS marketing can bring to you.