Instagram has emerged as an essential platform for brands and digital marketers. More than 50% of IG users follow business profiles and accounts. The number is only growing. In the past, devising a marketing strategy here was still easy as the platform produced a chronological display of posts.
However, with perceptible changes in Instagram, it has become difficult to boost your reach and tailor content to your target audience.
- You need to understand the basics of IG reach and its algorithm. Due to its mercurial growth, IG had to create an algorithm. It chooses pictures that carry high engagement rates, showcasing them first on your feed.
- You’ve many users saying that this algorithm results in a fall in organic search. Resultantly, conversion rates fluctuate.
- IG algorithm considers three main factors when ranking or segmenting posts. These are interest, timing and substantial interactions.
- It’s pivotal to publish content your followers find interesting and fruitful. Post meticulously curated snaps with compelling captions and potent CTAs to propel them to interact with your IG channel.
- Try grabbing their attention, compelling them to spend more time on your profile.
- Timing is critical as discovering the best time to post and maintaining it does spike your organic reach.
Into optimal times
As a marketer, it’s very important to figure out your optimal posting times and duration. Notwithstanding Instagram’s current algorithmic format, optimal posting times won’t lose any relevance because timing is a key factor in this format.
Posting at the correct times can generate a spate of post engagements. They can propel IG algorithm to bolster and push your content into your followers’ feed.
- Do remember that although it may be difficult to get a concrete and final understanding of your consumers’ activity, it’s crucial to ensure you’re posting when most of your followers are online.
- For the ones using a business profile, don’t miss out on IG insights to decipher when your audience is most active in a day.
- To access IG insights, use the app’s profile tab and follow the process.
- Another proven way to propel engagement is asking questions or hosting contests. Call for action is another great way to drive your followers to interact with your posts.
- Experts tell how organizing a giveaway event is a superb way of engaging followers. While you can from reliable sites, call-too-actions are pivotal to sustain you audience.
- Giveaway contents generally cause more comments, you can keep a period of few months between each contest to maintain the excitement and anticipation.
Some golden rules
Engagement should be your main goal. When you want to increase your social media platform’s reach, engagement should top your strategy. Your content must engage your audience, ensuring that it appears atop their feeds.
- So, apart from creating contests, giveaways, asking questions like which gown will you purchase, and including CTA in your content, you can bolster engagement by starting conversations with your audience when they like your comment on your posts.
- Always keep video content in your plan. Instagram is visual platform and video content generates much more traffic than photos.
- Although photos generate more likes and engagement, moving visuals often produce more comments. It means it propels your audience to write.
- Considering the easy pathway of just double-tapping on screen to like a video, commenting surely shows a much poignant engagement level.
- Additionally, motion content’s ceaseless growth shows the amount of time people spend on watching videos.
- Brands must also focus on UGC, user-generated content. The best way to excite your followers and lure them towards your brand is to given them recognition.
- You curate the content they produce and let them hog some limelight. This is how you make them feel important and special.
Using Stories Stickers
Over 600 million IG accounts use Stories each day. That number is only going to rise in 2020. IG Stories stickers are an excellent to drive your audience to chat with you. They can share their experiences and opinions with you.
- What it does is helps in creating a loyal customer-base that entails a connection with your brand.
- Question, quiz and countdown stickers are all great tools.
- Marketers need to test and assess new types of content daily. Always remember that it’s experimentation that leads to some of the most impressive content pathways on IG.
- Experimenting with new content forms can look scary, especially if you currently have good engagement. However, content experiments can enhance your standard.
- So, if you’re unsure of starting, go for new quotes, memes, infographics and UGC to create new contents.
- A selfie-mode video could also bolster your Stories or IG grid. Keep fiddling with different Stories to boost your engagement.
- You have AR filters to sustain your follower’s attention. Remember to regularly analyze the curve in your analytics.
What about Live Stories?
It’s a great asset to expand your IG reach. Live broadcasts are extremely popular and fascinating. Live Stories tempt your followers to click on them because they happen at that moment or ‘right now’.
- It gives that real connection that drives engagement. IG sends notifications to users. Also, public accounts conducting live videos get that extra push and spike in visibility. That’s the explore segment of IG working here.
- Many brands post at several peak times when their audience is most likely to spot and engage with their posts.
- It boosts your reach amongst your followers as well as users who might come across your content in the Explore section.
IG account and Pinterest
Social media is like a vast ocean. It has countless layers. To cement the connection between each layer or platform, you need to link them with one another. Pinterest allows you to loop your IG account with it. Claim it to grow your reach.
You can do it within seconds, providing access to Google analytics to underline your IG content’s.
It also causes content attribution for your brand, signifying more Pinterest audience flocking to your IG. Concisely, it renders completeness and consistency to your social media presence. Anything that boosts engagement across platforms and shows you how users are sharing or reacting to your content is a great opening.