Ethical hacking has emerged to be one of the highly-sought career options in the digital age. With cybercrimes skyrocketing, large enterprises are investing massively to secure their businesses. This involves hiring skilled, ethical hackers. As a result, it has opened up lucrative job opportunities for experts in ethical hacking. However, with many ethical hacking courses available from different universities, choosing the right ones might be slightly challenging.
Here are the ten best ethical hacking courses that you might check out:
- Ethical Hacking Preparation Course: Offered by Koenig, this course is a good option for starters. Completing this course would help you gain detailed knowledge regarding cybersecurity and vulnerabilities in security. This course would provide you with a strong establishment that would help you progress well in the more advanced courses through one-on-one training.
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) v11: This certification course from the EC council is quite significant for individuals planning to build a career in cybersecurity. It covers IT security aspects across cloud, physical and hybrid environments. The CEH course would train you in using the latest tools, techniques, and practices for hacking. Completing this course would earn you a certificate from an EC-Council Accredited Training Centre such as Koenig. The CEH course is particularly popular as the certificate is a prestigious one and can be of significant help in finding a job.
- Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch: This course is best suited to beginners, and as the name suggests, it offers a comprehensive guide starting from the very basics. Udemy offers the ethical hacking course covering the fundamentals of ethical hacking, vulnerability analysis, hacking into Wi-Fi and network systems, and penetration testing.
- Cybersecurity for Managers: A Playbook: This course from MIT Management Executive Education is particularly meant for entrepreneurs and managers. By developing their skills in ethical hacking, they can keep the data of their businesses safe and manage their teams better. This hacking training course covers topics like cybersecurity framework for risk management, Cybersecurity framework of National Institute of Standards and Technology, and Defence-in-Depth mechanisms.
- Learn Ethical Hacking Online: This course is offered by LinkedIn and consists of 20 ethical hacking courses to cater to individual needs. Aspirants with different levels of knowledge and skills in hacking can start with a suitable course. These courses cover foot printing and reconnaissance, Kali Linux, Session hijacking, Scanning networks, etc. You may also opt for a trial version for one month.
- Become An Ethical Hacker: Yet another LinkedIn course, this one is led by experts from fields of network security, forensics, web design, and web development. It would provide you with comprehensive knowledge of crucial topics like Denial of Service, Basics of Ethical Hacking, System Hacking, and more.
- Hacking and Patching Certification by the University of Colorado: This course was created by the University of Colorado and is available on Coursera. It is particularly focused on hacking web apps and Wi-Fi passwords, among other topics. Divided into four parts, the hacking training course would train you in using several useful tools. The topics covered by the course include hacking SQL databases, App hack, and patch with injection vulnerabilities, and memory attacks, and defences.
- The Complete Hacking Course, Beginner to Advanced: This Udemy course is very popular as it caters to learners at different stages ranging from novice to knowledgeable. It consists of 26 sections and covers Web Testing, Wi-Fi Hacking, Penetration Testing, and more. The course is quite comprehensive and would teach you to create a hacking environment, crack passwords, and attack networks.
- Cybersecurity Certification by the University of Maryland: This ethical hacking training course is impressively well-structured and covers software security, Cryptography, Usable Security, and hardware security. It consists of five courses and is available on Coursera.
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking: Run by Leo Dregier, a renowned ethical hacker, this course is available free of cost. It covers Penetration testing, Denial of Service, Session Hijacking, System Hacking, and Sniffing Traffic. The topics cover multiple sections, which start with the simple topics and gradually move to the more complex ones.
Ethical hacking has emerged to be one of the highly-sought career options in the digital age. With cybercrimes skyrocketing, large enterprises are investing massively to secure their businesses. This involves hiring skilled, ethical hackers. As a result, it has opened up lucrative job opportunities for experts in ethical hacking. However, with many ethical hacking courses available from different universities, choosing the right ones might be slightly challenging. You can also check Six Sigma Online for online trainings.
A certified ethical hacker certification from a prestigious institution would go a long way in leveraging your career. Apart from the value of the certificate, the very skills that you would gain from these courses would help you become a successful ethical hacker.