Plantation shutters were invented in the early eighteenth century for mansions or plantation homes. With multiple materials, styles, and finish options available, interior window shutters offer various applications for any room in the house. They also provide insulation from the intense cold in the winters.
Are you wondering whether plantation shutters are still in style in the year 2021? According to many people, plantation shutters are no longer in style. This article highlights the current online plantation shutter trends and the benefits of installing plantation shutters.
Plantation Shutter Innovations
Shutters have been in use for decades. Classic plantation shutters add value to your house and make your guests feel welcomed. Plantation shutters are now available in larger sizes, i.e., with up to 4.5-inch louvers compared to the typical 2.5 inch and 3.5-inch louvers.
Larger louvers can give any room a more appealing look. The best thing about plantation shutters is that they can be custom-made to match your home’s interior design style. You can choose a color that suits your trim or decor and select the louver size for a unique look.
Benefits of Installing Plantation Shutters.
- Plantation shutters can be easily customized to suit the look and feel of your house. Many companies send their team members to your home to take window measurements and create custom shutters accordingly.
- Plantation shutters not only look beautiful but also increase the curb appeal of your house.
- Shutters are also great at keeping sunlight at bay, thus keeping your house cool throughout the day. When sunlight doesn’t enter your home, your upholstery, furniture, and art pieces will also remain protected.
- With plantation shutters, you will also be able to save more on your electricity bills. Plantation shutters are very sturdy and have no string or fabric that might fade due to sun exposure. Hence they rank higher in durability and longevity as long as you take proper care of them.
- They will improve the look and feel of your home and increase the value of your house.
- Plantation shutters are a safer option as they have no hanging cords that might hurt your kids or pets.
- Plantation shutters are cheaper than custom curtains and hence suit the budget of small and large households alike.
- They are a great alternative to curtains and drapes for large-sized windows. They won’t tear out or fade away like curtains due to exposure to external elements.
- Plantation shutters will help make any room larger and spacious if you keep them completely open during the day. Drapes or curtains do not offer this benefit.
Plantation shutters are permanent fixtures that enclose your windows completely. During summers, they block out heat, and during the winters, they keep out cold. This way, less heat is transferred into and out of your room, making your home more energy-efficient.
Enhancing Your Home’s Interior
If you wish to add a little elegance to your home, plantation shutters should be your ideal choice. They help you alter the amount of light and air entering your house. Plantation shutters work seamlessly and provide your home with an attractive and clean look. Just because the plantation shutters are old doesn’t mean they are not aesthetically appealing to look at anymore. They are the oldest form of blinds and still work well and manage to give a natural and earthy look to homes, making them desirable for modern homes.
Almost every seller can customize plantation shutters to fit in perfectly and seamlessly with your windows since they have been in the market for a long time. Compatibility and symmetry are the most desirable aspects of the interiors of any home, and you can achieve that quickly with plantation shutters. Plantation shutters have not gone out of style, and they are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
We at Southern Custom Shutters have established our name among the best plantation shutters and blinds manufacturers. We have a team of experts who can design shutters for any window type and size. Our team is known for creating custom shutters that match any interior decor. We provide a wide variety of shutter options to choose from as per your home’s interior setting. Our team strives hard to deliver the desired results to all the clients. If given a chance, we assure you that our team will work with complete dedication and turn the vision of your dream home into a reality.