In addition to the digital version, many of the users also want to have a paper copy of their favourite captures, and also quickly. This is why pocket printers have achieved their boom in popularity.
With a size slightly larger than mobile phones, the printers connect to them via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and allow copies to be made in a few seconds. In addition, most do not use ink cartridges like traditional ones: a special paper is responsible for revealing colours and images.
In this article, we explain what they are, how they work and where you can get a pocket printer to have your photos on paper at the moment, wherever and whenever you want.
Table of Contents
What is a pocket printer?
Pocket printers allow us to print documents or images at the moment since we can take them everywhere. They are normally without cables, which facilitates transport and subsequent handling; In addition, they are usually equipped with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi technologies
We mention some of the characteristics of pocket printers:
- They achieve a much higher level of definition, colour and brightness than traditional printers. The resolution can range from 2400 × 1200 px, in the most basic models, to 4800 × 2400 px in the high-end ones.
- Pocket printers often include editing features to enhance photos, from adding effects to removing red-eye, to customizing images with filters and text, and much more.
- All pocket printers include WiFi or Bluetooth connection and can be connected via USB to a computer or mobile phone, in addition to printing directly from the memory card thanks to the built-in reader
How can you print without ink?
To achieve this, you only need to link the device with your mobile via Bluetooth; Afterwards, you only have to download and open the App, then choose and edit the capture to your liking with the option of adding filters, frames, stickers or texts. When you’re done, hit the print icon.
Thus, in less than a minute you get a physical photograph on 5 x 7.6 cm Glossy paper printed with a thermal technique called ZINK (Zero ink); that is, without ink. In addition, the result is adhesive, so you can immediately stick it in an album, in a collage, on the wall, in your bag or wherever you want.
Uses of portable printers
- Inkless printer no longer uses ink, as they are thermal printers that weigh just 200 grams and fit in your bag. Its technology is based on heat crystals embedded in the blade and activated by heat.
- Data phone type payment machines, used with a POS to collect bills, incorporate a small thermal printer for printing tickets.
- Portable label printers are widely used in logistics or picking tasks , generally due to the amount of time that can be saved while moving from one point to another while printing the labels. In many other cases, they even print in relief in different formats and materials.
- There are some that have an LCD screen and can be printed thanks to Wi-Fi, Google Print, Air print or even by sending an email to a certain email account and, directly, the terminal prints it.
- There is even a prototype of a portable inkjet printer that moves over the surface of a Din A4 and is powered by a rechargeable battery via USB.