Customers love Instagram giveaways because they receive something for free. The giveaway popularity goes beyond the users because everyone loves them. It’s a great way for a brand to promote its business and influencers to increase income.
What does it take for a giveaway to be successful? Here is what an average party should know before organizing freebies!
The Basics of Instagram Giveaway
The primary consideration is that the page should have followers. It’s impossible to organize a freebie competition on an account with no subscribers. It’s an option to purchase Instagram likes on instabuyagram.com to accelerate the process of gaining followers.
Some other things to know before starting the process are the following:
- Meet the platform’s rules. Each social network has a set of rules users must follow. It’s vital to ensure a real account and avoid spamming. That could lead to closing down the profile, which isn’t anybody’s goal.
- Set the competition’s rules. It’s critical to determine simple rules for the giveaway. The freebie should also have proper guidelines to avoid any complaints and make sure everyone has a fair chance of winning.
- Automatic tools. Organizers can use automated software to collect the comments and draw the winner. It’s both fair and easier for everyone involved.
The experts underline the importance of creating engaging content. It’s vital to attract the users’ interest with an exciting story and attractive prizes.
Steps to Organizing a Successful Instagram Giveaway
IG is a network with over 25 million business accounts, so the competition is fierce. Organizing a freebie competition is an excellent way to boost brand awareness and attract potential clients.
Below is a quick overview of the steps to follow when organizing free competitions.
1. Establish the Prize
It all starts with determining the prize. It’s possible to offer multiple rewards, but make sure to rank them. The most tempting one should be the top prize.
Many brands use competition analysis when determining rewards and general information about organizing the giveaway. Browse the social network and find accounts in the same niche. Check if they had freebies and apply a similar concept. Don’t hesitate to adjust the approach if strategy adaptation could be more successful.
It’s all about making the rewards attractive for subscribers. Those behind the giveaway should offer decent prize values. That could be as free products, services, subscriptions, etc. Brands often offer sponsor gifts and discounts.
2. Pick the Giveaway Form
The next step is to choose the posting form. It’s already clear it will be a freebie, but how would the followers take part?
According to the Instagram Engagement Report for 2020, image posts are more successful than videos. That’s why the experts suggest going with that post type. Make sure it contains all the relevant information. It includes how to participate, what are the rules, and when the winners will be revealed.
3. Participation Requirements
While considering participation requirements, it’s possible to access multiple approaches. Here are the terms to consider for participating in the giveaway:
- Comments. Leaving a comment is usually an essential requirement. It’s simple for the subscribers and allows easy participant tracking. Apart from a comment, it’s possible to request a rhyme or a creative post on why the subscriber loves the brand or product.
- Friend tagging. Marking friends in comments is a convenient way to increase brand awareness. However, limit the number of tagged friends to three. Otherwise, subscribers could find it too demanding and give up on the competition. Additionally, IG might find the account a spam and suspend it.
- Follows. Many specify in the rules that a subscriber must follow the account to qualify for winning a freebie.
- Sharing. It’s possible to ask visitors to share the post to their stories or profile. That increases brand awareness and expands post reach. The organization should suggest hashtags to use, so this promotion strategy gets even more successful.
It’s up to the person organizing the competition to determine which requirements are suitable for their giveaway.
- Design an Attractive Post
As mentioned, an image post is a wise selection. However, it’s crucial to pick a suitable photo. Brands often use that image to promote a product or the business itself. Don’t forget to specify the giveaway is in progress on the image, especially if others should share it.
The next step involves creating a text to go with the post. According to experts, it’s vital to keep content concise, but don’t hesitate to make it personal. It’s all about creating a compelling story that would attract the visitors’ interest. Finally, specify the rules clearly and publish them within the post.
Other Tips for Designing Exceptional IG Giveaways
Check out the extra tips for improving the giveaway success:
- What’s the campaign’s objective? Is it attracting new followers, boosting website traffic, or increasing product sales? The strategy could vary based on the goal.
- Decide when the competition ends. Always set an exact time when the participating ends and when to reveal the winner. That inspired users to apply sooner but also gives a serious tone to the entire giveaway.
- Use a random app to decide the winner. It’s possible to find free generators online, so pick a suitable one. Using a third-party app guarantees fair-play and simplifies things for the organizer.
That rounds up the guide on Instagram giveaways. The critical thing is not to rush and prepare the strategy carefully. Once every detail is covered, it’ll be a pleasure watching the campaign becoming a success!