An electric dab rig is popular among dabbers because it’s simpler to use than traditional ones, which involve heating the nail with a torch. Doing this can be tiring and makes the dabbing session undesirable. On the flip side, an e-rig works by applying electricity to heat the concentrates. In addition, you won’t have to guess the correct temperature since the e-rig regulates it with the click of a button, allowing you to get flavorful tastes at all times.
Building an electric dab rig requires some degree of savviness to get it right. Through additional reading, you’ll learn what constitutes the best dab rig and how it works. Nevertheless, below are seven tips for building the best electric dab rig.
Table of Contents
Collect All Essential Dab Rig Components
A typical dab rig comprises several parts. While you can purchase a complete set from a vaping store, you might also want to handpick the pieces individually for a more customized dab rig. Below are the essential components you need to have:
- Mouthpiece: Dabbing typically involves pressing your lips against the mouthpiece to accumulate the vapor before inhaling. A detachable glass mouthpiece is ideal due to ease of cleaning. You can also invest in several to change the dabbing experience now and then.
- E-nail: It’s an attachment placed directly on the dab rig or nail, which heats the concentrates electronically. You can plug it directly into the wall power outlet or connect it to a battery. Using an e-nail is safer because you won’t have to light a torch every time. Consider going for durable and portable ones you can use anywhere.
- Base: This part houses water and all the electronic components, such as heaters, monitors, batteries, and electronic regulators. Choosing a robust one is essential to ensure it doesn’t break quickly.
- Concentrate: Concentrates come in different varieties, such as shatter, rosin, budder, oil, live resin, and wax. The different types have varying flavors and degrees of highness, so you’d want to choose the one that suits your dabbing level and taste.
- Dab Tool: You use this device to scoop the concentrate and place it on the e-nail. It should be made from materials like steel, ceramic, or quartz, which are resistant to heat to prevent it from melting when it comes into contact with the hot nail.
- RGB Light Settings: An electric dab rig with red, green, and blue (RGB) light settings can light up in different colors to set the right mood when dabbing.
- Batteries: It’s not advisable to purchase a cheap, underpowered battery. Choose one that can efficiently vaporize the concentrates to the required intensity and also last for a long time before you need to recharge it.
- Silicone Mat: Dabbing is typically messy. Placing heat-resistant and anti-stick silicone mats over your table helps minimize the mess.
Having all the essential parts of an electric dab rig makes your vaping sessions more fulfilling.
Invest In Quality Materials
Quality goes hand in hand with having a worthwhile dabbing experience. When purchasing these electric dab rig components, go for those made from quality materials to serve you for a long time. Indeed, the ones made of glass may be cheaper, but they may not be durable due to their brittle nature. It may be wiser to go for solid materials such as steel, quartz, ceramic, or titanium.
With the popularity of e-rigs and their abundance in the market, it’s easier to find them at affordable prices. You won’t have to worry about quality because even budget-friendly devices will give you tasty outputs and still work efficiently. However, you must understand how dab rigs work to purchase the best and obtain flavorful tastes.
Go For A Portable Rig
Besides your home, you may want to dab while on a road trip, at a party, or out in nature. You’ll find that the setting could enhance your dabbing experience. Thus, it’s practical to build a portable electric dab rig that you can easily hold in your hands and fit into your backpack.
Beware Of Reclaimed Resin
Resin is made from freshly harvested trims frozen cryogenically throughout the extraction process. The end product is a sweet, favorable marijuana extract with a strong terpene profile and high levels of cannabinoids.
However, its residue after the initial use is said to contain carcinogens and irritants that can damage the nostrils and lungs, causing severe respiratory problems. To avoid these adverse effects, ensure you thoroughly clean every component before assembling the dab rig.
Consider Ease Of Cleaning
Go for a design that’s easy to clean and maintain. For instance, some models have self-cleaning features that burn off any leftover residue. Thus, you won’t have to worry about doing a deep cleaning again.
Regular cleaning also helps to ensure the old residues that usually contain a build-up of carbon and oil are removed, which helps elevate your experience by delivering sweet flavors.
Examine Temperature Control Capability
Dabbing at optimum temperatures lets you get the desired effect from the electronic dab rig. With the traditional rig, it isn’t easy to ascertain the temperature at which you should take the concentrates.
The e-rig is different because it’s efficient in regulating the temperature. Furthermore, it lights up quickly, enabling you to start dabbing immediately. Therefore, ensure your electric dab rig has top-of-the-range temp controls that sufficiently retain heat, producing incredibly flavorful, voluminous, and intense dabs for a more fulfilling experience.
Building the best dab rig requires a keen eye for detail. Every component has several considerations, which you must be aware of. With a perfectly built electric dab rig, you can elevate your vaping experience to a whole new level of satisfaction.