No one wants to think about pest control until they have a real pest problem. Austin is home to numerous species of bugs, insects, and rodents. While these organisms are important for the environment, you have to be cautious about pests at home. Pests carry and transmit diseases, and some like termites, can cause unparalleled damage to wooden structures. In this post, we bring a list of questions to ask when hiring Austin pest control experts.
- How long have you been in the business of pest control in Austin? A local and experienced company is your best bet. You need to know if the company has the resources and means to tackle the problem at hand.
- Do you have an in-house team? If a company doesn’t have its own team of pest control experts and exterminators, do not hire them. Remember that the work involves considerable risk, and you need a team that’s bonded and insured.
- How much will it cost to hire your company? Various factors can influence the cost of pest control, including the type of pest and the severity of the situation. You should ask for a written quote and ensure that there is no room for hidden costs.
- Do you have insurance? Customers often ignore this aspect. When it comes to pest control, you have to hire a company that’s insured and known. If there is any damage to your house during the course of pest control work, their liability insurance will come in handy.
- Are your treatments safe for my family? We all know that pest control companies have to use various pesticides, chemicals, and products to manage the concerns. However, you have to ensure that their treatments are safe for the entire family, especially if you have kids and pets at home.
- What if the work is not at par with the expected quality? Professional services offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for the work they do. Check how the selected company answers this question.
- Do you offer maintenance contracts? Preventive pest control measures can save you considerable money in the long run. Ensure that you get a company that can offer maintenance contracts. Their team will inspect your property from time to time to find evident signs and fix an infestation before it becomes a problem.
Call a pest control company now to find out more about your home’s safety, and don’t forget to check online reviews for comparison.