Most organisations, companies and such generate documents that need discarding. While some can be sent for recycling with no concern, some might have confidential information on them that you need to protect. It might be secret industrial data, the personal information of employees or customers and so on. Some businesses generate more of that paperwork than others, like law firms or manufacturing companies, or hospitals, and some might generate less, but whatever the amount, it is your responsibility to deal with it correctly. You are responsible for holding those files for so long and then properly destroying them when that comes. If you are looking for options for document shredding Brisbane, here are some reasons to look at professional services rather than handling it yourself.
What are the options for a document shredding service?
There can be some differences between how shredding services handle your documents and which you opt to take depends on your needs and priorities. You might prefer the option of a drop off service where you bring your documents to the site of the shredding service and they will keep them locked up until the shredding is due to happen, and send you a certification of the destruction. When businesses have less paper to destroy they might choose this option. Or you might want a mobile service, where they come to your site with a truck and a shredding machine, and does the paper shredding in front of a witness. This is more convenient when you need to witness the shredding happening, and it saves you transportation time and money.
What are the benefits of having a professional service shred your paperwork?
There are a number of good reasons to use a service rather than do it yourself;
- They have secure containers – Services for document shredding Brisbane have strong and secure containers that hold documents until they shred them, on a schedule. Most businesses do not have such secure containers and paying for them will cost additional money.
- Shredded according to regulations – You might not realise it but there are rules and protocols for this service and as long as you use a registered service you know they are following them. Part of that means getting a certificate of destruction to confirm it was done.
- Services are very easy to use – Whether you drop off, have them picked up and have them shredded in front of you the process is pretty simple and does not use up a lot of your time and resources. That is not the case if you choose to buy a shredder and pay staff to take care of the documents.
- The documents will be unrecoverable – Can you say the same about the paper you shred in the office? They are more likely to be recycled too.
- Fairly priced – Shredding services are affordable and work out better value than buying containers, machines and paying staff for your paper shredding.