Is the red light on your Linksys extender spinning your head? Are you looking for the effective ways to resolve the issue? If you nod in yes, then this how-to tutorial would be helpful to you. All you need to do is to follow the Linksys extender troubleshooting steps given below and get rid of the red light issue in minutes. Keep reading!
Reasons for Linksys Extender Red Light Issue
There can be a plethora of reasons why you experience red light issue on your Linksys extender. A few of them are listed below.
- Your Linksys extender isn’t placed properly.
- If there are multiple devices connected to your extender’s network, then also you might experience the red light issue.
- Improper or partial Linksys extender setup.
- If your Linksys extender is not connected to your router’s WiFi network, then also you experience the red light issue.
- Linksys extender’s WiFi signals are interrupted by reflexive surface, thick walls, kitchen appliances, baby monitors, Bluetooth, and WiFi devices.
- Instability in the power may result in Linksys extender red light issue.
- Outdated firmware on Linksys extender is can also be one of the major reasons behind red light issue.
These were a few reasons that results in Linksys extender red light issue. Now, let’s have a quick glance at the fixes given below.
Fix: Linksys Extender Red Light Issue
Check the Extender Placement
Make sure to place your Linksys extender at the center location of your home.
Place the Linksys extender on an open and higher place near to your WiFi router.
Check the Wall Plug
The wall plug must be in working condition. If the wall has any sort of damage, avoid plugging in your Linksys extender.
Relocate your Linksys Extender
To avoid Linksys extender red light issue, place it at a distance from interference-creating WiFi and Bluetooth devices, and kitchen and metal appliances.
Replace the Ethernet Cable
The Ethernet cable you have used to connect your Linksys extender and router might have cuts on it. So, check the Ethernet cable you are using. If the cable has any sort of damage, replace it right away.
Configure your Linksys Extender Properly
Partial configuration of Linksys extender may also give you red light issue. So, to fix the issue, make sure to configure it properly using the correct web address and login credentials.
Note: Linksys router login credentials are only used for the configuration of the Linksys router. In the event if you are using the router credentials for Linksys extender setup, you will face issues while completing the extender setup process, resulting in the red light issue.
Your Extender Firmware is Outdated
If you haven’t updated the extender’s firmware even after receiving the notifications, then also the red light issue will continue to persist. So, to stop this from happening, update your extender’s firmware right away.
Check the Power
To prevent the head spinning Linksys extender red light issue, make sure to provide a continuous, uninterrupted, and steady power supply to your Linksys extender.
Power cycle your Linksys extender
For this process, all you have to do is to turn off your Linksys extender for a short while and after that turn it on.
Still the Same?
If the issue remains the same after following the Linksys extender troubleshooting steps given above, try this final fix as the last resort.
Change the Default Settings and Channels
Heavy traffic on your Linksys extender can also give you red light issue. To fix it, do the following:
- Change the extender’s channel. Choose a channel that is less-congested. Ask our technical department to suggest the least crowded channel for your Linksys extender.
- Change the default extender’s settings. Access extender linksys com and change the default extender settings as per your preference.
Change the default Linksys extender login credentials. Doing so will keep unknown people or freeloaders from your home network. This would be a effective remedy to fix Linksys extender red light issue.