Project Management Professionals (PMPs) are assigned the responsibility of managing projects for their business organizations. These projects can be small, short-duration ones and can be large, sensitive projects that take a long time to complete. It should be noted that projects have a stipulated time limit. The project development process is considered over once the objectives are achieved. These projects may be products or services that the organization specializes in and is targeted at their customers. The characteristics of a successful project are when the delivered project meets the customer’s requirements and stays within the estimated budget. Thus, project management professionals like project managers are an important part of their organization as they ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Who is a Project Manager?
A project manager is a person in charge of a particular project of their organization. They help in planning and executing the project. These PMPs are responsible for leading their project management team and assigning tasks to each team member. They have the qualification and experience in working on important projects for their organization. Project Managers usually have certification in PMP from the Project Management Institute (PMI), the globally trusted community for project management. Individuals aspiring to become project managers can get their PMP Certification by passing the examination conducted by PMI. The PMP certification examination is one of the most difficult examinations and needs proper training and guidance to clear them. PMP aspirants can enroll for the PMP Certification Training in Riyadh to get the required training and knowledge in project management.
Project Manager Role
Project Managers are highly skilled and knowledgeable in the concepts of project management. They play a huge role in attaining their organizational goals and have a variety of roles in the organization.
Some of the 10 most important roles of a Project Manager are as follows:
- The first task of any project manager is to plan the course of action a project needs to take. Accordingly, they determine the objectives of the projects and set the duration of the project completion.
- Project managers assign tasks to the project management team. Each member is assigned their tasks for the timely completion of the project.
- They are leaders and lead their teams during the project development process.
- These project management professionals are very knowledgeable and proficient in the finer details of project management and their tools. They use their vast knowledge in the time of crisis to solve any problems that may arise during the project development process.
- They have good communication skills, which help them delegate and assign tasks to their team members effectively.
- Project managers have the most important job of maintaining the “quality” of the projects. Along with their knowledge of project management, they have a thorough understanding of the concepts of quality management in deriving the desired result.
- They help their organizations in the process of keeping the project cost minimum while ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- Project managers deal with stakeholders and other members who are involved in the project. With the help of effective communication, they keep the stakeholders happy and help manage their expectations.
- They have excellent problem-solving skills and deal with any problems that the project management team faces immediately.
- These PMPs are skilled in monitoring tasks and tracking the progression of the project. They ensure that the project is on track.
Project managers can make or break a project. These professionals are the key reasons for the successful delivery of a project for any organization. Without their leadership and communication skills, the project management team cannot perform their tasks effectively. There is no doubt why PMPs are one of the highest-paid individuals in the industry from manufacturing to healthcare, from finance to engineering.