Every homeowner relies on many electrical appliances in their lives to perform their day-to-day operations efficiently. However, whenever a problem arises, there’s an urgent need for a skilled electrician who can fix these issues while maintaining the family’s safety.
As per the traditional practices, people have the habit of calling an ordinary electrician, also known as grade 1 electrician, for handling any electrical work. However, you should not make these mistakes as working with live wiring is not a joke and requires specialization and sound expertise in the subject. The best technician to help you out with any live electrical work is a level 2 electrician.
What is a Level 2 Electrician?
Level 2 electricians have higher expertise and qualifications to work on more advanced electric jobs for their clients. Level 2 technicians are specially trained and carry the proper license to carry out electrical maintenance work, repairs, and advanced installations of various electrical components.
A level 2 electrician in Sydney or elsewhere has higher authority to look after overhead and underground electric services to ensure a seamless power supply between the supply network and the customers. A level 2 electrical service provider is also responsible for safely installing the electric meters and reconnecting and disconnecting the electrical systems of various homes from the leading electrical supply network.
Where Should You Hire a Level 2 Electrician?
If you face any complex technical issues and power breakdowns, you should always call a professional having a level 2 accreditation in the electrical industry. For instance, if the powerboard suddenly starts glowing red or if the safety switch keeps turning off each time you turn it back on, you know it’s time to call a level 2 electrician. That’s because you don’t know what’s causing such alarming issues, and it’s not recommended to fix it at home (unless, of course, you are a qualified electrician yourself).
Here are some of the common phenomena when you must hire a level 2 electrician in Sydney.
- When you need to get significant installation, repairs, or electrical maintenance work done, you should hire a qualified and licensed level 2 electrician. That’s because ordinary electricians won’t have the required skills and knowledge to carry out these tasks securely without the risks of a disaster.
- You need to hire only accredited service providers (ASPs) to ensure safe, smooth, and reliable power supply operations of NSW, as per the ASP policies.
- Whenever there’s a power supply failure, or you need a vital electrical renovation or upgradation work for your home or commercial property, you need the help of an experienced level 2 ASP.
- You will also need to hire level 2 accredited electrical technicians when you are shifting to a new home as per the state laws.
- A Level 2 ASP will carry out crucial electric work, including power supply upgrades, fixing incoming and outgoing power supply connections, checking the performance of distribution switchboards, and taking care of general installations.
- A level 2 electrical technician is also responsible for managing 3-phase power supplies (incoming), checking metering and new main switchboard requirements, and working on the underground and overhead channels, especially the mains and sub-mains.
Many people are not yet aware of the various levels of accreditation among electricians, and the role played by each. Working with live electricity is a risky task, and it requires a licensed electrical professional like a level 2 electrician in Sydney to handle such jobs.