Are you wondering what type of hair transplant procedure is better suited for you? Hair loss is a really common issue faced both by men and women. A hair transplant is a permanent remedy for hair loss problems through surgical means. There are further two types of hair transplants. These are called FUE and FUT. A hair transplant surgeon can guide you about the type of transplant you require. If you want to know more, then keep on reading. As the main purpose of this article is to guide the people about both types of hair transplants and how to know what is best for them.
1. FUT hair transplant: FUT is follicular transplantation. In this type of hair transplant procedure, a strip of skin is taken out from the donor site of the scalp usually from the back of the head. The hair follicles are separated from the skin and inserted into the bald areas of the scalp. Finding a hair transplant clinic is very easy. For instance, if you live in Lahore and want to find a clinic, you can just search in Google for the best hair transplant in Lahore. There are many good options available.
What people are better suited for FUT hair transplant?
The people suffering from pattern baldness are the perfect candidates for FUT hair transplants. So, if you require a hair transplant in a large number of areas of your scalp, then FUT is your answer. The FUT surgery can’t be done on people below the age of 25 and people who have medical conditions.
Pros of FUT hair transplant
- It is a very successful procedure.
- It is a permanent solution for baldness.
- It is a more economical treatment as compared to FUE treatment.
- It doesn’t take much time.
- The hair regrowth growth from this procedure is very natural.
Cons of FUT hair transplant:
- It leaves a scar on the scalp.
2. FUE hair transplant: FUE is follicular unit extraction. In this method of the hair transplant procedure, the donor site of the scalp is shaved by the doctor. Then each follicle of hair is taken out from the scalp separately and reinserted to the area that requires hair transplant. It is a newer method as compared to the FUT method. Finding the cost of hair transplant treatment is simple. For instance, if you live in Lahore and want to find out the cost of a hair transplant, just type hair transplant cost in Lahore in Google. The relevant searches will appear.
What people are better suited for FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant procedure is better for those who are suffering from thin hair and want to keep their hair short. People below the age of 25 can have this surgery as well. But it is not suitable for those who medical conditions.
Pros of FUE Hair transplant:
- The surgery doesn’t leave any scarring.
- It is a permanent solution for hair loss.
- A hair transplant procedure doesn’t take much time as compared to the other hair treatments.
Cons of FUE hair transplant:
- The cost of an FUE hair transplant is more expensive as compared to a FUT hair transplant procedure.
There is no major difference between these two methods. Both produce excellent results. Since the FUE is newer as compared to the FUT, so it is more preferred. But only a hair transplant surgeon can suggest what type of hair transplant procedure will work best for you. So, it is better to consult a surgeon.