You might see a bumper sticker in a majority of people’s vehicles. These stickers have various uses, from personalising cars to advertising a business or expressing one’s philosophy. Indeed, they are most commonly used by people to express their views and let the world see them. Today, you can find several high-quality bumper stickers that are weatherproof and UV resistant. You can also find stickers in numerous designs, sizes, shapes, and even materials. However, most people unknowingly make careless mistakes while using them. These mistakes can cost them a lot of money.
In this article, you will find out what you should do when using a bumper sticker in your vehicle. It will ensure that they remain a thing of utility for you for a long time.
Choose Your Sticker Correctly
There are different ways of choosing a bumper sticker. You can arrive at the right decision based on either the colour or design of a sticker. But if you really want your bumper to look mesmerising, you need to brainstorm on its innovative appearance. These stickers mainly have a communicative purpose. Note that they will not only be exposed to you but others as well. Hence, they need to be aesthetically appealing.
Know the Right Way of Applying a Bumper
Whenever you are applying a bumper, ensure that you are not doing so in scorching weather. It’s because if you use it on a hot surface, the vinyl can stretch. Follow the steps mentioned here for applying the sticker correctly.
- Wipe the surface where you have to apply the sticker with some water or a glass cleaner.
- Peel away the paper backing.
- After that, place your sticker on the surface. Position it exactly where you want it to be.
- Now use your thumb and rub the sticker from the centre outward. Be very careful here. You don’t want the vinyl to stretch. If you notice bubbles, don’t get anxious. It will go away by the next day. However, if you are very eager to eliminate the bubbles, prick them with a sharp pin. It will push the air away
Best Practices for Using a Bumper
Here are some pointers to remember while you use a bumper for your vehicle.
- Keep the sticker elegant and straightforward. Ensure that you get an attractive design for the sticker, which highlights your message clearly. But don’t go overboard with the design. To make your message stand out, choose a bumper sticker that has a minimalist yet classy design.
- Choose a readable font. You may be tempted to make use of fancy fonts, but if they make it difficult for others to read the message, then they are of no use. Always go for an appropriate font size that will allow your readers to read the statement as quickly as possible.
- Invest in quality stickers. Custom bumper stickersthat are printed in photographic quality are what you should look for. A sticker that has poor quality photographs is of no use at all. Low-quality pictures or blurred graffiti can immediately take the attention of the viewer away from your sticker.
- Refrain from writing a lengthy message on your sticker. You want people to quickly make sense of your message when they are driving. So, you should keep the message as concise and clear as possible.
Always look for a durable bumper. It will ensure that you get the most from your money. Look for a reputed manufacturer for it. Your car will undoubtedly attain a charm of its own with it.