Be it private label nutraceuticals or private label chocolate; choosing your labeling partner right goes a long way in spelling success. As the owner of your brand, you will always want to choose a service partner that lives up to your reputation. Key operations ranging from manufacturing to the formulation and even labeling will be managed by this very partner! Therefore, he genuinely needs to be the best. Once you have shortlisted a handful of options on the basis of preliminary requirements, here are some more questions to ask, for complete surety.
Table of Contents
Some Important Queries for your Private Label Partner
- Do I need to process payments first for you to begin work? Most partners will require some sort of commitment before investing time and resources for your products. However, the best partners will not ask for the entire payment upfront. You may need to pay in phases, starting with an initial deposit. There should be a designated person or a department to take care of payment terms and schedules. If the initial amount seems too large, you may discuss the same with your partner and work out something that is well-suited to both.
- What if there is a specific ingredient I wish to use from a specified supplier? Private labeling partners undertake complete responsibility for product manufacturing. Most of them will have adequate resources for sourcing high-quality ingredients as specified by customers. If you have a special request towards sourcing it from your preferred supplier, associated support systems like logistics would have to be worked out. In case the arrangement works smoothly, most partners will agree to extend their support in order to fulfill your wish. However, if they aren’t able to, you should be able to trust them implicitly with respect to the quality of ingredients that are being used for creating your product.
- Will Custom Formulations Cost Me More? In most cases, custom formulations will attract an additional price. Most established private label supplement manufacturing companies have an illustrious range of existing products to offer. It is always a good idea to check on the complete list of offerings before considering customized options. You may find what you have been looking for, right in that list.
- Do You Have The Required Certifications? Most worthy manufacturing companies that offer private label arrangements will have certifications from the FDA and the FMP. Also, look for the latest version of ISO certification.
- What about Research and Development? Well, research and development should be an integral part of any manufacturing and formulation company. Your private label partner is most likely going to have a dedicated team of chemists and engineers for research and development purposes. You should be able to get in touch with them in case you have any queries regarding your formulations. They will be well equipped to answer all your queries.
- Is there a minimum order value or quantity? Your private label partner should be accommodative about the regular products made in their facility. Ideally, there should not be a minimum quantity for regular products. Customized makes may require a minimum commitment in terms of value or quantity.
Also, make sure you check on the accepted modes of payments and prepare accordingly to avoid any hassles in future transactions.