A vacuum cleaner is a device that is the most commonly found household appliance. It helps you in keeping your house dust-free and hygienic. People have incredibly hectic schedules, and household cleaning often gets ignored. Vacuum cleaners are an invention to help you out in this arena.
Now in several households, there are older adults present. Sometimes they take it upon themselves to perform the cleaning task. Thus, it is necessary to choose the correct vacuum cleaner for them. The task is not as overwhelming as it seems. There are a wide variety of options available in different sizes and with features to choose from.
Table of Contents
Which type of vacuum cleaner should be preferred?
There are a wide variety of vacuum cleaners available to choose from for the elderly. Some of the best types of vacuum cleaners preferred are Cannister, Upright, and stick cleaners. The canister vacuum cleaner is enormous and the most powerful vacuum cleaner to take care of large cleaning assignments. The Stick vacuum cleaner is a hand-held cleaner that is generally light-weight and cordless.
What is the size preferred?
A light-weight vacuum cleaner is the best vacuum for seniors as it is more comfortable to be handled. Also, it is difficult for older adults to move about with a vacuum cleaner’s heavy burden. The stick model vacuum cleaner is an expensive choice but is best suited for senior citizens. They are a highly portable and light-weight vacuum forelderly individuals.
The large, powerful machines are not feasible for older adults to work with. Also, the powerful vacuum cleaners are a waste when it comes to the adults using them. A light-weight stick vacuum cleaners are best suited for the job. But if you are still confused, you can learn more here.
Here are a few tips for choosing a vacuum cleaner.
- The cord length of the vacuum cleaner is an essential element to be considered before buying. It is preferred to buy a cordless machine for older adults to prevent any tripping incident from occurring. If a cord vacuum cleaner is selected, it is essential to keep the cord wrapped.
- A range of self-propelled vacuum cleaners is available on the market for the elderly. It moves around the area on its own without much effort being put in by the seniors.
- The power button should be easily accessible, and the vacuum cleaner’s handle should be firm yet comfortable.
- There is a range of vacuum cleaners that sport lights to illuminate the area while cleaning. This feature is beneficial to clean the dark areas or under the sofa sets.
- There should be an indication in the vacuum cleaner that will signal when the bag or its sack is full. It helps in the timely maintenance of the vacuum cleaner as older adults tend to forget things.
- The type of vacuum cleaner selected should be comfortable for the senior citizens and not require much effort.
One of the other things that one should keep in mind is the type of filters present in the vacuum cleaner. A high-efficiency particulate filter or S filter is a valuable addition to the vacuum cleaner. These filters keep the allergens off your nose and clean up any additional dirt left on the floor. The vacuum cleaner model that you choose should not be a noisy one. The noise can create an uncomfortable environment for the senior citizens when they work with it. Also, a vacuum cleaner with high motor wattage is not required. The vacuum cleaner should be cost-effective on features and size.
If you own pets in the house, make sure your vacuum cleaner is compatible with the pet hair collection or has filters for it.
Thus we need to keep a lot of things in mind when considering buying a vacuum cleaner. Vacuum cleaners are considered to be a valuable asset to humanity. It helps in keeping your surroundings clean and takes some burden off you. It would help if you decided on the purpose of buying a vacuum cleaner and for whom you are buying.
This decision narrows down the list of your options, and you can select the best vacuum cleaner for the house.