Keeping your child safe is your main focus. You always want to make sure that your little one is hanging out with the right people and that they are not going to dangerous locations. Looking for an app to track your child’s text messages is one way to do this. So, what are your options?
Is It OK to Track My Child’s Text Messages?
Even if you want to keep your child safe, looking up “Can I read my child’s text messages?” on the internet might make you feel like the worst parent ever. You do not want to invade your kid’s privacy, but at the same time, you want to see their whereabouts to ensure they don’t do something dangerous.
Many parents are hesitant when it comes to checking their child’s messages because they don’t know if it’s right. At the same time, there are situations when checking them is necessary. For instance, here are some situations when you may choose to see child’s text messages:
- You are worried they may be texting while driving
- You are worried that they may be meeting up with strangers
- You suspect them of sexting
If you aren’t sure about doing it, here are some tips that may help you out:
- Don’t address everything you find. Kids start exploring when they get their phones. If you find some swear words with their friends here and there, don’t go crazy on them. Only address things they shouldn’t be doing.
- Be upfront with your child about reading their messages. Being sneaky about it will feel like a betrayal for your child if they find out.
- Know when you should judge the other party involved in the conversations.
Most Effective Method to Keep Your Child Safe
The best solution for tracking your child’s phone and keeping them safe is by using mSpy. mSpy is one of the iphone and android blocking apps that can help you protect children from unwanted influences of the internet. mSpy is an amazing option for all parents because it lets you see every text message your kid has sent and received, whether it’s on the device or social media application.
mSpy’s application is a powerful parental control tool that lets you explore your child’s phone. Not only can you see their text messages, but you can also see their web history, call history, and GPS location, among other things. Here are the features that all parents will find useful:
- Screen Recording – You can record the child’s screen to see what they are saying in their messages and who they’re talking to. mSpy has a Screenrecorder that allows you to do this.
- Controlling Various Applications – You will be able to see the apps your child installed on their device. This way, you will make sure they only use proper apps and not tools that are not meant for them. Moreover, you can block apps you don’t want them to use.
- Text Message Tracking – mSpy lets you see the messages sent and received on the phone, Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and more.
What Are Other Options to See Child’s Text Messages?
mSpy can be useful, but there are also other options to track your child’s messages. If you are wondering, “How can I monitor my child’s text messages for free?”, you have two options:
- Forwarding Messages – Message forwarding gives you access to the text messages your child receives. You can activate this feature from the phone’s Settings.
- Using iCloud – You can also monitor the child’s text messages via iCloud.
While useful, these options will come with a few downsides. For instance, you will have to know the child’s Apple ID and password to activate iCloud message tracking. If you do not already know them, this can be tricky.
Also, asking your child for them is not the best thing to do. They will feel like you are invading their privacy and will not be willing to give you their account details.
Another downside is that by doing it, your messages may also sync to your child’s mobile device, and you probably don’t want your kid to see your conversations.
You should know the Apple ID and password of the child’s device. If you use your own Apple ID, your kid will discover that you are tracking their device and will feel betrayed.
If you’ve been Googling “How can I read my child’s text messages?”, you do not have to search anymore. There are several options available. You can either do it via iCloud or message forwarding, or, even better, you can use mSpy. Reading your child’s text messages will help you keep them safe – so only resort to this method when you think it’s necessary.