Mold can grow anywhere in the house where there is humidity and moisture, such as kitchen, areas near pipes, bathroom, etc. Moisture is the key element of the spreading of molds.and molds behind drywall are the common ones as there is a lack of ventilation in these areas so moisture stays for a long time span leading to mold formation. Mold spores are common, but each person is affected by it in a different way. Some get exposed to allergies and others to infections. There are few common causes of mold formation given below:
- Leaking pipes: Molds behind the drywall and under sing cabinets are among the most common problems caused by molds. Leaking pipes contributes to collect moisture around that area. If not got repaired on time can cause air spores to inturn, causing molds. Not only this, but leaking pipes also cause wall and ceiling molds because of leakage in pipes in the roof.
- Condensation: Fluctuations in temperature in the winter season, the condensation build-up is experienced by most of the homes due to cold surfaces. Cold surfaces include metal pipes, tiles of the floor, walls made up of bricks, concrete surfaces. If you feel that your home is facing an issue of condensation build-up, you should properly ventilate all the rooms of your house. Where ever there in this condensation build-up, mold doesn’t take much time to grow and damage that area.
- Damp Basement: The basement is at a lower level near to the ground, so it is evident that there will be a high level of moisture in the basement and a higher chance of molds to make its place. Moreover, there is equal to negligible ventilation in the basement plus the air circulation is also not adequate that provides room for molds to make its place.
- Leaking roofs: Roofs are prone to molds if they have undergone wear and tear or have experienced severe weather conditions. Such instances make the roofs weak that becomes home to molds. Leaking of pipelines can cause moisture in the roof that can further spread through ceilings and walls and form air spores. Such issues should be resolved by calling up the mold removal professionals, and one should not delay doing so as it may lead to health problems for your family along with causing damage to your home.
- Constant humidity: It is a natural cause. If you live in an area where there is a high , there are comparatively high chances of mold-prone regions in your house. Humidity is mainly the reason for mold formation if the area is a coastal one, i.e., it is near some water bodies, and the ventilation is not adequate. Persistent humidity is a huge problem in such areas.
- Not proper ventilation: Inadequate ventilation and mold formation and growth goes together. If there is no proper ventilation, indeed, there are chances of mold formation, plus under such conditions, the molds proliferate.