Are you searching for the best anti-aging medications? Do you want to reduce wrinkles and minimize the impact of aging? If yes, you are at the right place. Most medical doctors prescribe a drug that helps you live longer and healthier. This magical drug is called Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) supplement.
Continue reading this guide if you want to learn more about NMN supplements and discover how they help deal with aging.
Table of Contents
What is NMN?
NMN is a short form of nicotinamide mononucleotide, which is a naturally occurring molecule present in all species. NMN is a precursor of NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), a molecule that can be useful in slowing down several aspects of aging. NAD+ performs various functions such as electron transport, cell signaling, and DNA repair.
As we grow older, our bodies become susceptible to harmful diseases such as heart complications, obesity, and other health complications. NAD+ can help in preventing these diseases. Several studies suggest that NMN reverses the aging process.
One of the reasons for experiencing more health complications with age is a natural decline in NAD+ levels. By any means, if you can keep NAD+ levels high, you can minimize health complications and slow down the process of aging.
That’s where NMN becomes useful. It is an NAD+ precursor that the body uses to produce higher levels of NAD+.
Which Foods Contain NMN?
NMN is present in several foods, such as;
Although consuming these foods is an excellent source of nutrition and fulfilling NMN intake; however, NMN supplements are also available. You can take these supplements to reduce the impact of aging and enjoy a peaceful life.
Why Should You Take NMN Supplements?
NMN supplements are available in doses between 100 – 500 mg; however, an optimal dose has to be determined for people. The following reasons will help you understand why you should take NMN supplements.
- These supplements improve the health of your heart
- NMN supplements help in weight management
- They reduce wrinkles in the skin
- NMN supplements improve the overall immunity of your system
- These supplements help in reducing health complications such as; blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and kidney-related issues
- NMN supplements promote a healthy flow of blood in the body
- These supplements play a vital role in maintaining DNA to repair the cells
- NMN supplements increase muscle endurance in athletes
How NMN Supplements Fight Aging?
One of the ways through which NMN supplements act as an aging supplement and support longevity is the way it works in repairing damaged DNA. Scientists believe that protecting and repairing DNA is strongly linked to anti-aging.
Each time our cells split, the protective ends of our chromosomes begin to frazzle, which leads to genetic damage. This genetic damage further accelerates the aging process. That’s where NMN supplements become useful.
An NMN supplement helps activate the proteins that act as a custodian to our genetic info because they rely on a steady supply of NAD+ to function correctly. Furthermore, studies suggest NMN supplements improve symptoms in Alzheimer’s patients and reverse vascular aging.
NMN supplements boost your energy by increasing mitochondrial function and repairing DNA, as NAD+ is essential for each process. These supplements also improve muscular strength and performance, particularly in older men. Reports suggest that older men who take NMN supplements are less likely to experience age-related muscular dysfunctions. So, if you are chasing your youth and want to enjoy a happy life, you must consider taking NMN supplements.
Be Careful While Choosing NMN Supplements
When buying NMN supplements, you have to be very careful because some NMN supplement manufacturers claim that their products are “high-purity NMN,” but actually, they are low purity products. Some NMN supplements have even less than 80 percent purity. How much purity is present in the remaining 20 percent is not known to the customers.
The impurity in these supplements can be fillers like flour added to reduce cost or some toxic substances created as a by-product from the NMN production process.
The dilemma is that some NMN supplements do not even contain NMN. Instead, they contain nicotinamide, a vitamin B that looks somewhat like NMN but has entirely different effects on the body.
Considering the high manufacturing costs of NMN, some supplement providers adulterate their products to minimize costs and maximize profits.