Is your wedding dress one of the most expensive attires that you’ve ever purchased? Perhaps you must have dedicated countless hours and spent a good amount of cash to get a perfect wedding gown. So, the only way to adore the dress it deserves is through proper wedding dress preservation.
You might love to preserve your wedding dress for various reasons. The most common reason for which women usually prefer to preserve it is to cherish the memories it holds. Some of the other reasons might be – preserve it as a special present for your daughter or granddaughter so that they can wear it on their wedding day.
Before moving forward, here are some of the useful tips for your wedding dress preservation.
Tips to Take Extra Caution of your Wedding Dress
If your special day is yet to come, then follow these useful tips to ensure the preservation of your wedding gown forever:
- Protect your Wedding Dress from Potential Stains:The pollen from the flowers could be the cause of potential stains on your special dress. So, make sure to cross-check that your florist has removed the pollen bits.
- Safe Packaging: You need to take extra safety measures on packing the dress while traveling. Always wrap the dress with acid-free and uncolored tissue paper, then place it in its appropriate garment bag.
- Put on the Dress at the Last Minute: Put your wedding dress just a moment before heading out the door. This will help you to save your dress from makeup, food, or drink stains.
Now, if you have already made it through your wedding day without any damage to your special dress, then follow these tips to keep it safe for the long term:
- Store your Dress in a Garment Bag: Avoid using plastic to wrap your dress as plastic traps moisture and emits fumes that can turn your gown yellowish. Always make sure to store your wedding dress in a proper garment bag, away from light.
- Lay it or hang it properly: Every dress has a unique design. So always make sure to ask the specialists at your bridal store how your wedding dress needs to be stored. Otherwise, try to lay it as flat as possible or hang it properly to avoid stretching and sagging at the seams.
- Consult Cleaning Experts: The best way to preserve your wedding dress spotless is by taking expert help. One wrong action can worsen the stain on your dress. So it’s always better to consult the cleaning professionals.
Why do you need professional wedding dress preservation?
Eventually, you will notice that your wedding gown starts yellowing. You will also find oxidation spots, dust, and permanent creasing on your special dress. So, if you want to avoid these spots then follow a proper preservation process.
Wedding gowns are usually quite expensive and thus, women prefer to preserve them with the help of professional experts. These professionals protect the wedding gown by removing all the stains, making necessary repairs, and wrapping it in acid-free tissue to store it.
Keep scrolling down to know the different types of preservation methods used by professionals.
Sealing:Most of the preservation companies vacuum seal the wedding dress before storing it in an acid-free box.
Boxing: In this method, experts fold the wedding dress, wrap it in acid-free tissue, and place it in an acid-free box. This helps to protect the dress from permanent creases.
Bagging: In this method, the wedding gown is taped in unfolded form and placed in a specialty cotton bag. It is then hung in a safe place with a padded hanger.
You can choose any wedding dress preservation company to protect your gown. But make sure to confirm if they will take the responsibility for any damages caused during the preservation process. Also, know about the warranty terms and conditions beforehand. With the help of professional preservationists, you will be able to restore your most special dress forever.