(You cannot start your system because VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing from your pc)
This is one of the most frustrating and annoying Windows error messages. There are several ways you can resolve the VCRUNTIME140.dll error. These methods also apply to MSVCP140.dll errors. You can fix this error with the exact same solution. This is what we’ll cover throughout this guide, and eventually, you’ll be able to easily fix the error.
What does a VCRUNTIME140.dll error mean?
The VCRUNTIME140.dll error itself is not a serious error. However, it may cause the related applications to malfunction. This .dll file means that the system cannot access the code that resides in the file or find the file itself. And in such a situation, this error occurs because the system cannot process the generated code.
The possible solutions for this error are:
- Scan the system in detail
- Windows gives users the option to repair corrupted files in memory.
- With Windows System File Checker, you can easily find and repair corrupted files in your system.
To run a scan on your system using System File Checker, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and search for Windows PowerShell, as shown in the image below. Right-click and click run as administrator.
- Type Windows PowerShell in the Start menu to run the command prompt in administrator mode
- Now run the SFC / scan now command
- When the process is finished, the system will find and repair all the corrupted files.
- Replace the vcruntime140 dll missing file
- This is the most effective way to resolve the error, as you can fix the error by re-registering the DLL file and rebooting the system. You can download the file directly and put it back in your application folder
To continue, follow the steps below.
- Scroll down the page to see a list of versions of the file to download at the bottom.
- Download the version that suits you (64-bit or 32-bit). If an error occurs, you may get error 0xc000007b.
- Then put your file in the directory of the program for requesting this file.
- After downloading, open the downloaded .zip file and unzip the DLL file into a folder on your computer.
- Place the file in the system directory. On 64-bit versions of Windows, the default folder for 64-bit DLL files is: For 32-bit DLL files
- C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \
- C: \ Windows \ System32 \
- Be sure to overwrite the existing file (but make a backup copy of the original file).
- Reinstall the Visual C ++ Redistributable Package
- If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package.
- You can find them on the Microsoft support page.
- Install the version and see if the error still appears.
- Reinstall the application that generates the error
- Incomplete downloads of the affected application files can be the cause of this error.
Therefore, try uninstalling the above application and reinstalling it on your system.
Uninstall the app completely on Windows 10:
- In Windows settings, go to “Applications”
- In the list of applications, select the application you want to uninstall and press the appropriate button.
- If the application does not uninstall, or if this operation gives an error, you should use a dedicated application such as C cleaner.
- Simply click on the menu to the left of Tools, then click on the shortcut Uninstall, and finally select the application to uninstall.
- Update your computer driver
- Windows drivers can be the main reason of these errors in your system as driver bugs lead to many errors including the VCRUNTIME140.dll error.
Therefore, one of the important steps to resolve this error is to update the driver.
- To do this, see the complete tutorial on this subject.
- The ultimate guide to installing all Windows drivers like One Pro
- It is also possible that the cause of the error is a newer version of the driver.
- In this case, it is recommended to revert to the previous version of the above driver.
- To do this, you need to restore your system to an earlier date. The date when this error is not displayed.
- Here is a complete and detailed tutorial to restore your system:
- The ultimate guide to backing up and restoring Windows 10
Clean the system
- System cleanup consists of scanning Windows 10 for registry errors, the presence of malicious files, missing files, and more.
- This operation requires some steps and some tools that are detailed in the tutorial.
How to Clean Slow PC: Ultimate Guide 
- Download the dll files website online for complete repair pack of VCRUNTIME140.dll
- To facilitate the application of all solutions for both VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll errors, we have included all the tools and files in this tutorial in this file.
- VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll error repair packs
- This pack contains the following:
- VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll files
- All versions of the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package
- Some additional tips
- Is VCRUNTIME140.dll a virus?
- It is by no means a virus.
- On the contrary, it is a system file required for the proper functioning of the application.
- It is that lack that produces the error.
- Where should I copy the VCRUNTIME140.dll file for Windows 10?
- On 64-bit versions of Windows, the default folder for 64-bit DLL files is: For 32-bit DLL files
- C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \
- C: \ Windows \ System32 \
- In some cases, it may be better to copy the files directly to the folder of the application affected by the error.
How do I access the DLL files folder in Windows 10?
- You must be attending an administrator session to have full access to resources and overcome system limitations.
- I fixed the error, but did I get an MSVCP100.dll error?
- If this error appears as a result of a VCRUNTIME140.dll error, you need to take a completely different step.
All of this is explained in this tutorial read it carefully and get your answers of these following questions if anything is missing than click on the highlighted link and read more..