Undercut women hairstyles have been growing in popularity in the last few years. One of the best things about this look is that there are a lot of options for fun and stylish looks. As well, they are a great way to show off your bold side with a stunning bust of self-expression.
Continue reading if you are considering a daring new look for the new year. Check out some of the hottest looks for undercut women hairstyles that are trending right now.
What is an undercut?
Undercut women hairstyles are ideal for those who are looking for an avant garde hairstyle. To achieve the undercut, one would either cut or shave the lower section of their hair extremely short, while allowing the longer layers to cover the cut, hence the term undercut. As well, you can shave your hair at the nape of your neck. Some women shave the sides of their hair as well for an even edgier vibe.
One of the reasons this look is so popular is that you can hide the undercut at work or for formal events. But if you wish to show off your stylish undercut, all you have to do is style your hair into an updo, half updo or updo, thus exposing the undercut.
Pros and Cons of Undercut Women Hairstyles
- The undercut is ideal for those who are considering a hair tattoo but are unable to opt for this hairstyle due to work restrictions or other such guidelines. You can pull your hair up and rock your hair tattoo outside of the office to express your true self, yet keep it hidden at work while you wear your hair down.
- Additionally undercuts look totally cool with an asymmetrical haircut, for example, a pixie cut, French bob. fawk hawk or another short bob haircut.
- Another plus of an undercut is that you can dye your undercut with bold and fun colors. This is especially stunning with undercut hair tattoo designs.
- If you love long hair but hate wearing it down in the summer, an undercut is a great way to wear your hair in the summer months.
- With undercut women hairstyles, you can switch up your look whenever you want a change. As it will go out rather quickly, you have the option to try out different designs and hair tattoos for your undercut.
- An undercut will save you a great deal of time with styling. This look is ideal for those with a fast-paced lifestyle.
- Growing out of an undercut can be time consuming and challenging. A lot of women opt for shorter hairstyles when it comes time to grow out their undercut.
- In order to maintain the undercut women hairstyle, you will have to have your uncut shaved or trimmed every few weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows out.
Hottest Undercut Women Hairstyles
- Colorful faux hawk with zig zags: Faux hawk haircuts are perfect for those who are looking for an edgy vibe. You can opt for brilliant colors such as fuschia pink, electric blue or dark purple. Add some zig zag lines in the side or back to take this daring look up a notch.
- Spooky spider web undercut tattoo: If you love all this spooky, this elegant spider web tattoo looks super cute with space buns.
- Undercut with honeycomb design: The honeycomb design is all the rage. It looks especially stunning with a colorful messy ponytail or bun.
- Tribal undercut: Tribal designs are also extremely popular. When paired with bubble gum pink or bright green hair, you will be sure to stand out from the crowd with an edgy tribal hair tattoo.
- Colorful side lotus flower hair tattoo: A lotus flower with a faded side undercut in bright colors is simply stunning. You can sport anything from a colorful mohawk to a braided updo to show off your gorgeous lotus flower design.
- Bright pixie with mermaid undercut: Those who can rock a pixie cut will love this colorful mermaid undercut tattoo.
- Undercut with mandala design: Mandala hair tattoos are also very trendy right now. This looks very hip with a loose top bun to show off the intricate details of the mandela.